Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Thinking of setting up a guppy tank

2 posters

Go down

Thinking of setting up a guppy tank  Empty Thinking of setting up a guppy tank

Post by elliriyanna Thu 24 Mar 2011 - 2:25

I have three lovely little feeder guppies ( 1 male , 2 female) And want to give them their own tank. The babies will be feeders for my gourami's and ADF. I just want a small tank for them. I was thinking a heated filtered 2.5 or 5 gallon I have a sponge filter on the way. They currently share the 5 gal with my betta girl. I have read a ten gallon would be best and bare bottom so I can get out the babies to feed. I was wondering if a smaller tank would be ok though since it will just be the trio none of the babies will be allowed to remain in the adult tank. my sister has a guppy tank if I should get some more breeding feeder stock. the parents are pets and currently eat my bettas omega one but will be getting tropical fish food as soon as they are moved ( there was just no way to keep my betta from eating the tropical food)
elliriyanna
elliriyanna
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Thinking of setting up a guppy tank  Empty Re: Thinking of setting up a guppy tank

Post by Astro277 Sat 9 Apr 2011 - 21:06

If you decide to do this you will need a lot of floating plants for the fry to hide from the parents. Guppy's male and female alike eat their young so if you want to save them for the betta floating plants are the way to go. Smile

Also you can gut load feeder fry by grounding up blood worms and feeding this to the fry before feeding them to the betta.
Astro277
Astro277
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down