Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D

2 posters

Go down

Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D Empty Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D

Post by cherrydanio Sat 30 May 2009 - 18:36

Long story short we have a new 85L tank which we are planning to stock with 6 female guppies, 5-6 corys and some female Bettas (any advice on stocking will be greatly appreciated!). Having filled the filter with old filter media and testing it for a few days (everything working fine, stats at 0) we added 2 female guppies on Thursday night. One looked very pregnant but apparently I underestimated just how far gone she was. I got home from work on Friday to find 19 babies!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D Empty Re: Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D

Post by Netty Sat 30 May 2009 - 18:52

Awww how cute and great pics of them. I know how hard it is to get pics of fry when they are soooo tiny.

I've never had guppies so will be interesting to see how they grow. You'll have to keep a diary here so we can follow them :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D Empty Re: Guppy Fry!! Our first ever babies :D

Post by cherrydanio Sat 30 May 2009 - 18:59

I will! We have been feeding them Hikari first bites. It's like a powdered food and they get it every 3 hours or so. We are setting up the hospital tank as a fry tank but I'm going to leave them in the breeding net for about a week as I spent yesterday and today netting them and putting them in there and I think moving them again so soon might be too much. Hehe they are so cute! lolol
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sat 30 May 2009 - 19:06

I've heard of the first bites but have never used them before. The look slightly bigger than betta fry so I'll be watching here with interest to see how they develop and when they start colouring up!!

First babies are always soooo exciting. You'll be getting eye strain from watching them so much :lol!:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrydanio Sat 30 May 2009 - 19:08

They are about 5mm long but don't worry, I've got my reading glasses on Wink Otherwise I have to stand on the other side of the room to see them! I'd love to try my hand at breeding Bettas but I just don't think I could afford to do it Sad
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sat 30 May 2009 - 19:23

I have a very strong magnifying glass that I bought specially for seeing the betta fry lolol I'm sure my eyesight has got worse since breeding......all those miss spent hours peering in a them lol
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrydanio Sat 30 May 2009 - 21:01

Oh dear... I've just remembered I was planning on using the hospital tank filter for Triskel's tank.... hmmm :shock:
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum