Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Guppy rant

3 posters

Go down

Guppy rant Empty Guppy rant

Post by cherrydanio Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 13:25

My guppy fry from a few weeks ago up and died on me all within 24hours, probably from the same illness that killed their mum. I think she had some sort of interal infection and I've ruled out anything like water quality. I now have all my guppies in a big tank together along with neons and cherry shrimp and this morning I found another dead female!! Sad I don't understand it, I 've had my males for months and not one of them has ever had so much as a sniffle but the girls... They are loads more females than their are males so it's not harrasment (the first girl that died wasn't even in with any males). All the guppies are from different shops across the country to try and add a little genetic diversity. I'm doing everything right and they still keep dropping! Evil or Very Mad Even the neons are thriving in this tank so it's got to be pretty good... In conclusion; GUPPIES SUCK (just kidding, I love them to bits but it's getting a little frustrating!)
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Guppy rant Empty Re: Guppy rant

Post by Guest Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 13:30

its just one of those things with guppies, out of blue they are gone. it might be a genetic thing?

Back to top Go down

Post by cherrydanio Wed 17 Jun 2009 - 15:19

Hmm maybe. When we first for girls we got 6 and I have 2 of the originals remaining. I'l have had the one we've had longest for 4 weeks exactly on thursday (so all these deaths have happened in a relatively short space of time) so I'm watching her like a hawk waiting for her to have babies :Love: None of them showed any signs of illness. The ones that died were all from different shops. I'm beginning to think their is a lot of truth in the mutterings that guppies are so inbred they are much less hardy that they used to be. Anyone else had this problem?
cherrydanio
cherrydanio
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 8:10

I used to keep guppies, could only keep them for a few months. Although i always got babies.

Storm
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lilfishie Thu 18 Jun 2009 - 19:47

i find most shop brought ones die on me within a month or so, but fry i raise last a good 3-4 years so i tend to go for unwanted fry and raise them or go to small breeders that want very little for them
Lilfishie
Lilfishie
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down