Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks?

+5
Assaye
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
babyd
kizno1
jasminek
9 posters

Go down

How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks? Empty How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks?

Post by jasminek Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 18:43

Hey! Just wondering when you change around your tank layout/setup, i know bettas like variety and change every so often so how often? I know its personal choice but when do some of you guys change the tank set-up around? :D
Also do you take your betta out why doing so?
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks? Empty Re: How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks?

Post by kizno1 Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 18:46

when ever i get money lol
i do it every few months i add a few diffrent plants or just move them round.
i dont take them out unless im chaging the substance
:D
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks? Empty Re: How often do you change the set-up on you betta tanks?

Post by babyd Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 20:01

I have started changing Loki's tank every week while doing the water change. Everything gets re-positioned and one ornament gets removed and a new one in its place. I only do it this way as he's a tail-biter so I am trying to keep him occupied lol
babyd
babyd
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 21:23

Ah right, sounds like a good idea ^ :D I might change my boys round every week or 2, to give him more to experience lol :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 21:53

Hi

I wouldn't personally change things too often. Bear in mind that every time its changed, he may need a few days to settle in again. During this time he may not eat, and get stressed leading to illness. Once a month maximum would be about as often as i would make changes.
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 22:31

Oh yes, very good point there! It may take him a while to get used to a new layout etc, every month layout will do him and me fine! Thanks for that van, onyl just realized! :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 22:50

I change mine around every so often. It's not on a schedule, but I often move plants around if they are not doing well in the tank they are in, or if I get a new boy and need some decor for him.
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Wed 30 Sep 2009 - 23:02

I dont change mine except for adding plants or a new female, this is because the females in there have already form their places within the group and changing it around would just cause that problem again Smile
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfishy Thu 1 Oct 2009 - 0:10

I sometimes move things around after a big clean out.
Newfishy
Newfishy

Back to top Go down

Post by babyd Thu 1 Oct 2009 - 8:27

I guess it depends on the fish, my guy loves the changes, spends ages re-investigating it all, I doubt anything would make him stop eating lol what a pig!! mind you, being a tail-biter, he's easily bored so this system works well for him, though may not for others with 'normal' betta's ;o)
babyd
babyd
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by incognito Sat 3 Oct 2009 - 0:04

I agree with change often for some and not others.. it really does depend on the betta lol

I've some that absolutely love it and others hate even a siphon clean out!

Guess it's the same with water/filter flows... some play in the flow others cower away from it and you need it a trickle for them to be happy.

Bettas have 'huge' personalities!!
incognito
incognito
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by aly_starh Wed 7 Oct 2009 - 15:57

I dont really change it so to speak, but when new plants have grown i take cuttings and replant, but if one plant is getting too wild i will move it to the a bare bit of the tank.
More hiding places = Happy bettas
Smile

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down