Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!!

4 posters

Go down

Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!! Empty Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!!

Post by silverrabbit Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 19:05

A couple days ago, I woke up to find my 2 fave fancies with dropsy Sad I think that when I was in hosp a couple weeks back one goldie died and I never found his body. These 2 bigguns must have eaten the other one and contracted the infection that way, as the others are all looking dandy, except for the heat.

Anyway, thinking it's a do or die situation with the girl hardly breathing on her side and the boy pineconed like crazy, I added Interpets anti internal bacteria med PLUS Jungle Labs Parasite Clear as it contains the antibiotic Metronidazole for secondary bac. infections.

I know they say "do not mix" blah blah, but really they were at Death's door. They're in QT and I do 100% w/c's twice a day as the tank is small and they're BIG, and replace the medications with each water change.

Woke up the next morning.... the girl swimming upright, the boy looking less swollen. Woke up today and OMG the boy has NO PINECONING... his scales are flat and normal!!! He's even chasing the girl in their usual spawning ritual. Even the girl is better, though the pineconing is only a little better, but i'm not giving up yet!

Fingers X'd for me please Very Happy
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!! Empty Re: Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!!

Post by Nataliey Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 21:38

My fingers are crossed for you. Very Happy

Hope they all get better very soon.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!! Empty Re: Terrible time for Fancies but dropsy cured!!!

Post by liz2 Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 22:44

oh wow, fingers deffo crossed x
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Wed 30 Jun 2010 - 23:25

Thanks Very Happy I really hope they pull through, Mr and Mrs Bubbles are very special fish to me Love
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by jessie1602 Thu 1 Jul 2010 - 8:29

Wow you could have discovered a cure for the dreaded D word!! I hope they pull through silver :-X
jessie1602
jessie1602
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 2 Jul 2010 - 16:35

Well Mrs Bubbles didn't make it, had an ulcer on her side in the end Sad but Mr bubbles looks really well. still has stringy white poo but no pineconing, so will keep plodding along with the AB's
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down