Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

FILTER HELP please!

4 posters

Go down

FILTER HELP please! Empty FILTER HELP please!

Post by liz2 Fri 25 Jun 2010 - 19:00

my one eyed choc oranda has perked up a little with internal meds, but I am going away next week so think he will have to stay in a qt tank. I got another choc. oranda on Tuesday so that is still in qt as well. different tanks. I really want to put the new one in my main tank but feel it is too early to take him out of qt. So I think I am going to have to set up a proper little tank for one eye (also in with one eye is my black fantail which is almost dead and I just wish it would go now as it is on its side at the top of the qt tank Sad
I think I should be banned from any aquatic centres Shocked

Last edited by liz2 on Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 13:40; edited 1 time in total
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

FILTER HELP please! Empty Re: FILTER HELP please!

Post by silverrabbit Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 0:24

LOL think you have a serious goldie addiction Very Happy

Maybe it would be better to put the fantail to sleep before you go? I hate it when they pass slowly, I find it so hard to PTS.

Can you divide up a plastic storage container and keep the QT fish in there until your're home?
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 8:18

went to a car boot yesterday and got a plastic wilkos (£5 size) tank for 50p. Bleached it and it has water in it at the moment, going to set that up for one eye. Just looked at him and his fin rot is repairing and he looks a bit better. The black moor has white stringy poo, on its side, but is still fighting. Got until Saturday to try to perk him up. Treating him with internal meds but he is so bent over. OMG I almost threw him away a few days ago then noticed his mouth was moving..
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sun 27 Jun 2010 - 9:31

Phew that was close affraid
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 13:39

I am sure the black one is dead now I will leave him until tomorrow. But, I got another tank yesterday from the car boot for £3, nice small glass one with gravel and filter, net, ornaments, water conditioner. So I dont want to leave one eye without a filter next week. Just set this tank up after bleaching it and have started it running. Hoping hubby doesnt notice it in the front room near the tropical tank! Question is the little filter with it looked as if it hadnt been used. So it isnt going to be mature enough is it? The fish is going to have to go in the tank by Wednesday or Thursday to make sure he is OK before we go away. I have some stuff that is suppose to mature filters, nutrafin cycle shall I use that?

You may have noticed I am no good at any fish apart from bettas, so easy to keep.... Love
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jessie1602 Mon 28 Jun 2010 - 17:33

I had this problem with one of my goldies when it became sick, I had to buy a QT tank as I didn't have one, and then it mature super fast. I've used Cycle in the past and it didn't really work for me, but what I have used and have had sucessful results cycling tanks with is a product called Tetra SafeStart. Not every lfs will stock it (places like Pets At Home don't do it) but the bigger ones usually do. If you have no choice but to put the fish in the tank ASAP, then I would deffo use any bacteria boosting product you have handy, every little helps. Or you could use some seeded substrate from any of your established tanks (aslong as it's not from a marine tank) or squeeze some of your mature filter material/sponge onto the new filter, this will speed up the cycling process by passing the good bacteria from the old filter onto the new filter - this is what I do when I need to speed up the cycling process.

I hope all goes well with one eye. Fancies are so pretty, I wish bettas lived as long as goldies do!! Smile
jessie1602
jessie1602
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down