Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Question about delta tails & dragons

4 posters

Go down

Question about delta tails & dragons Empty Question about delta tails & dragons

Post by SiennaBay Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 6:15

Fell in love with this awesome metallic white/greenish turquoise/maroon delta tail male at Petco -- wasn't planning to get another fish but you know how that is. I tell myself "no more" now or else I'll have to start lining tanks along the floors. Ha! This little guy was labeled "delta tail" but I thought delta tails have a solid tail. His tail is "broken" in the middle like he has 2 parts to his tail. When he swims around you can't see the two parts well because they overlap, but when he flares the tail out more, the tail resembles half a butterfly. Is it possible that he may be part "double tail"? Also, he has patchy markings on top of his head and a friend told me that those are "dragon" markings. Is that what identifies a dragon or is a dragon an entirely different type of betta? I hope to post a photo soon.
SiennaBay
SiennaBay
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Question about delta tails & dragons Empty Re: Question about delta tails & dragons

Post by Chard56 Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 6:31

Here is some pictures for you to go by. Doubletails[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]They don't always separate completely making a heart shape or sometimes a fused tail. Dragons have thick whitish armor like scales.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]The next picture is a son of the previous Dragon picture.[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]I hope these pics helped. If not I'll find something else that will.
Chard56
Chard56
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Question about delta tails & dragons Empty Re: Question about delta tails & dragons

Post by SiennaBay Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 6:45

Those photos help a lot! Thanks! Wow, your fish are gorgeous. OK, so my new little guy doesn't seem to be a dragon but his tail is sort of heart shaped with 2 distinct separations though not as full as the fish in your photos. I'll do my best to post a photo tomorrow
SiennaBay
SiennaBay
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Thu 21 Oct 2010 - 22:36

He sounds lovely!
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by SiennaBay Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 1:14

I took some photos. Sorry they are not that great! The fish won't flare as he is still a bit unsettled in his new home. At least you can see the tail pretty good. The photo where he's turning shows his color the best. What kind of tail type do you think he is?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
SiennaBay
SiennaBay
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 2:10

Definitely looks like a Double Tail towards the Delta side to me. I'm not the
best judge. Somebody will be along with a surer answer. Nice colouring!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Chard56 Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 2:47

When he gets settled in you need to put a mirror in front of him. When he flares you'll see the separation of his double tails and see how wide they spread. He's very shiny and handsome!
Chard56
Chard56
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 22 Oct 2010 - 23:18

Oooh he's LOVELY! Great find!
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down