Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

help with pond fish choice, please read and please help,

5 posters

Go down

help with pond fish choice, please read and please help, Empty help with pond fish choice, please read and please help,

Post by cammeronlaud Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 19:37

we need some new fish for our pond, a heron has eaten the goldfish, we have a 200litre pond, and my dad wants to replace the missing fish, obviously he will put protective nets etc. in place,, but he wants to get 'different' fish, he doesnt want goldfish, or koi,, can anyone help, Thanks
cammeronlaud
cammeronlaud
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

help with pond fish choice, please read and please help, Empty Re: help with pond fish choice, please read and please help,

Post by aly_starh Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:09

shubukins?

I know Plecos are ok but If i remember correctly there is a few certain catfish that will *survive* in ponds.

Catfish ponds are best done alone. With no other fish. it reduces the chances of spreading diseases and catfish are aggressive.

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

help with pond fish choice, please read and please help, Empty Re: help with pond fish choice, please read and please help,

Post by aly_starh Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:10

ETA: this link looks good;- its about catfish ponds [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 20:49

comets are nice so are orfe although orfe tend to jump for some reason..
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Sat 10 Apr 2010 - 21:30

golden or blue orfe would work good. ofre only jump if the are kept in water to small for them so they jump to try and find more. golden tench would work well and they will eat any algea or scrap food that falls to the bottom. tench are one of my fav fish love catching them. common plecs cant go in ponds there tropical some people do but they wont be as healthy tench are a much better option. i wouldnt put catfish in a pond most will grow to big or are tropical.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 0:28

To be honest, I'm not sure what would stay small enough for a 200 litre pond. Don't orfes and that get too big?
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Tue 20 Apr 2010 - 16:14

i agree with assaye i miss read it i thought you said 2000l not 200l. the only thing that can go in a pond that small are diffrent types of goldfish you could have about 5 adults. orfes get to about 20-30cm long fully grown so would get to big.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down