Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!)

+5
crystal
Lairewen
Nath J
Wilsonnw8
jasminek
9 posters

Go down

My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!) Empty My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!)

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 15:12

Hey guys! I set up the male tank today its nearly 3G tank and I know its not ideal but i'm going to see if a male fish can live happily in it. Because of the tank size i'm limited to objects i put in, i have a cocunut cave, small airstone, indian almond leave plant, a plant with a few different stems to it and a little plastic plant. I'm not fully settled with this set-up yet but i think its looking alright, its a bit misty atm but will calm down with time (When it clears will post better pictures!). Hopefully will be getting the male tomorrow if i'm feeling alright (I've been feeling ill lately i have a headcold) . Any tips/comments/improvements wanted please, well here it is,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Overtop Veiw,
Side Veiw,
From a distance veiw,
I'm sorry about the pics i know there not the best also the tank looks better in person.
Thanks for looking :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!) Empty Re: My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!)

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 15:21

I think its a nice little tank, well planted! have you put backing paper in it? I nice bright backing paper might look nice? also just checking you have a heater? I can see you have a spot lamp which is cool and an air stone? but I cant see a heater in there?
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!) Empty Re: My Small Male Betta Tank! (Awaiting Male!)

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 15:54

It does have backing paper and nice backing paper too just atm cos the tank isnt clear its hard to see it lol. No heater no, the tanks currently sat on a heatmat, i measured the temperature of a tank a similar size to this tank for a few days and the tank stayed at a stable 81.. I think this tank is a little to small for a heater.
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:08

Be careful that he cant get out of there as in jump as the waterline seems pritty high to te top of the tank Smile
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:09

I have that sorted as it came with a tough carboard lid that fits securely on, i took if off for pictures :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:11

Ahh okay, i have the same tank in blue, used to have a male in it but its empty at the moment. The male i had in there was quite content in it so i think yours should be fine.
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:16

Ahh good! If hes not happy i'll be sure to get him another tank, the reason i havent straight away gone with a bigger tank is because i dont have much money atm and im going to see if i can happily keep a male in this tank! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 16:18

Also this last month my lfs has had bettas in that actually look healthy and happy, if there happy in what looks like a quater of my tank they should be happy in my tank lol :D well we'll see!
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 18:19

well you can buy small heaters at 25 watts, I have one for my quarantine tank

the heater I have is ebay number : 160314155025

its a mini hagen heater

the temp is fine now but I tend to only use heat mats for my fry tanks because heat from the bottom of the tank incubates bacteria in the gravel (as heat is bottom up) some bacteria is good other bacteria is bad and it would probably be better to heat the water directly, but the main thing is that the tank is heated.
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 18:26

Yes well i would never put a betta in a bad enviroment eg no heat etc this way he will have heat and theres always a thermo in the water. If the heater turns out to be unsuccessful i will buy a mini heater but right now i want as much space as possible. :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 18:30

yep fair enough, the tank is nice I just thought id give you another option for heating Smile
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairewen Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 19:17

Look good! Is that the 13L? I have one of those for my girl, she's very happy in there!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (I'm getting perspex cut for the lid, lol)

Looking forward to seeing what betta you get. Smile
Lairewen
Lairewen
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 21:11

Im unsure on the litres, well i know its nearly 3G lol! Wilson, thanks again i know your just helping i appreciate it! :D
lairewen, it looks similar but i think yours is a little bigger! Nice fish and tank layoit btw (:
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 21:15

The tank looks great, can't wait to see the little guy you choose, fingers crossed for you for tomorrow x
crystal
crystal
Feathertail
Feathertail

http://www.mfccustoms.synthasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 21:20

thanks crystal! the tanks been changed around a little now, has another live plant in it and will be getting another very small live plant tomorrow! :D Pics of the tank tomorrow, Oh and the fish if i see a nice one! :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 0:02

Looking good, kiddo!

:D

Nice little tank. Hope the plants will be OK - I can never keep plants alive in the little tanks that don't have at least a T8. You must have green fingers, lol.
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Ashton Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 10:54

Nice little tank, you've done well with that [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I notice you don't have a filter and must intend doing big water changes daily, so to save the trouble, you could put in a sponge filter like this on on ebay 390051823206 that would work off your airline and both filter and produce bubbles. Alternatively you could use a Hagen mini Elite filter which are tiny and I've got one in my 20 litre which is about 4.5 gallons. I also use one when I've got my tiny 2 gallon tank, I do think it's important to have filters in with Bettas [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ashton
Ashton
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 10:56

It is lookng great hon! Hope you find a nice little boy while out today! Looking good!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 11:02

Great little tank Jasmine thumbup We have a couple of small tanks like that and would agree with Ashton about the filter. We have a couple of mini filters in ours and they dont take up too much room or a sponge filter would be good. I've found that when you don't have them you get alot of film and gunk on the surface of the water because of the lack of movement.
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 16:54

thanks guys (: the tank now has elodea, another little live plant and another live plant thats a variety oh and i made my own sponge filter thats working brill :D New betta is very happy!
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 19:14

PICS OF THE TANK SOON :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 19:26

jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down