Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon....

5 posters

Go down

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... Empty I found one!!! Will have new baby soon....

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 4:14

OK. I'm sorry, but I will need to explain this the long way otherwise you will just not understand what all the fuss is about. Rolling Eyes

You see, I got my very first betta about 3 months ago and he resides at work. I immediately caught the betta bug and was scheming on how to get at least one more. Twisted Evil My grand plan was to make my hubby want one at home. I had gotten him a fish tank with cichlids 2 years ago as he complained that it was so dead and lonely there every night when he got home (he gets home 3-5 hours before me every day).

So I keep telling him about my betta's antics and tell him that I could get "him" (= me) a betta for at home as they interact with their owner a lot more than regular fish. Well, he didn't bite... Instead he said he wanted something furry (so much for my scheme...). :sad1:

Cat or dog is out of the question for us, so I ask how about a hamster and show him a picture of one of these "black bear" hamsters. And that was it - he was completely hooked. His birthday is in a little over a month, so I start buying hamster things and looking for a black hamster.

O-M-G!!! I have spent hours upon hours checking local pet stores, checking classifieds, searching on the net, checking animal shelters, posting wanted ads on the internet, etc. NO black baby hamster... tantrum

So I find really cute pictures of black and white hamsters and ask hubby how about black and white one. He says no - he only likes the solid color ones.

scratch OK. So I get very cute pictures of just about every single solid hamster color imaginable and show to hubby. He says - sorry I really only like the black. No

So I spend more hours joining 3 different hamster forums, calling not so local pet stores and e-mailing the President of the California Hamster Association (yes, there is one!) - no luck. banghead

One day I see this ADORABLE solid light brown hamster. Thinking that it was simply irresistably cute, I snap with my phone and send to hubby. Hubby says "Yeah, he is really cute - but I'd rather get a black one..."

Aaargh!! argue

I mean I was literally about to .... crying

BUT then I finally get an answer from one of these hamster breeders and she says she does not have any black babies but has some which are dark grey.

I show photos to hubby and A MIRACLE happens sunny He LOVES them!!! :cheers:

The breeder has a boy and girl and the boy is now reserved for us. In about 2 weeks we will be able to pick him up.

Aren't they just sooooo cute? adore

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... M

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... Photostream
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... Empty Re: I found one!!! Will have new baby soon....

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 4:22

Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how to post pics? I can never make this work ....

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... Empty Re: I found one!!! Will have new baby soon....

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 7:29

Galanta wrote:Can somebody PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me how to post pics? I can never make this work ....

crying crying crying crying crying crying crying

LOL thats brilliant!!!!

I'm not sure how Flickr works only ever used photobucket but you need the IMG code and basically you just copy and paste into here from looking at the code you pasted I think you've used the web page URL instead of the picture URL . I've typed that code you pasted into the address bar and have found your pics. I have then right clicked the pictures selected properties and copied the addresss URL (picture URL) into here. Adding the [IMG} Tags. I hope this helps Mel xx

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... 3763720089_5542a28021

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... 3764195307_a2f0995347

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 8:06

SOUNDS simple enough... Will try next time. THANKS SO MUCH for posting them. Don't they just look SOOO cute. Sorry, but I am in love...
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 8:10

Galanta wrote:SOUNDS simple enough... Will try next time. THANKS SO MUCH for posting them. Don't they just look SOOO cute. Sorry, but I am in love...

LOL they are adorable I bet your so excited

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 8:37

Yeah,I am. bounce You'd think I was 10 years old and getting my very first hamster rabbit ! Well, it is my very first HAMSTER , but I am well past 3X of my 10th birthday .... :D
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by tropical girl Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 9:43

hi galanta
lovely story glad it all worked out in the endm
oh yes they are sooo cute nice colour
and i know what hubby means he wants something dif
im like that with my betta`s
i knew mellychops would come to your rescue on the pic`s
as i was going to post get in touch with mel she is brill at pic`s
but can see she has done that for you,
anyhow thanks for sharing that with us more pic`s on arrival
shall be checking Wink
tropical girl
tropical girl
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 9:53

Thanks. Yes, Mel rescued me. After her explanation I even managed to post some pics on the general chit chat - all by my little ol' lonesome!

Yes, will definitely post more pics once we have him. You know they say that when the hamster first arrives you are supposed to leave him alone for a couple of days and let him get all used to his new surroundings. I fear those first 48 hours, when we are not allowed to try pick him up etc, are going to be the longest days of my life. My husband might have to handcuff me to the bedpost or something to keep me under control.

Oh, wait a second... was this supposed to be HIS hamster? Oh, man ....!
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by tropical girl Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 13:18

hey galanta,
think your hubby might be so into the hamster
you will be taking second place??
well till tea time at least :tongue:
but yes i know what you mean,
my baby betta has just arrived swimming happily in his new home
i cant stop watching him he is lovely so pleased with him
will get somr pic soon with mel help,
i cant get mine to load on photobucket they have there own
thing??????????????
only i could have the camera with its own mind!!! banghead
will have to see if santa will bring me a new one??? littleangel
tropical girl
tropical girl
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 13:49

They are the sweetest! Congrats on the hammy, more pics when he makes it to you!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 14:10

they are so cute i'm in :Love:
I had lots of hamster when i was young and I had a hamster called suzuki , for my 21st birthday Smile she was 5 when i had to have her put to sleep - (she had cancer) old for a hamster

Would love another hamster she used to go everwhere with me in my pocket Smile

I havent had one since as developed Asthma and an allergy to animal fur , so no rabbits hamsters cats or normal dogs -- poodles have hair not fur so they are great for people with allergies and they dont malt
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 16:23

Very cute....and what a trial trying to get them. I think fussy is a man thing cos Van won't have anything with stripes :lol!:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 21:17

Thanks guys for sharing my excitement! I figured here is the only pace I'll find people as crazy as me ... ; )

WOW pip - never heard of hamster living up to 5 years! That's cool!

Oh and yesn DEFINITELY will post more pics once he is settled in and somehwat tame!
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 21:53

well i'm totally insane so not sure about crazy though Arrow
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Wed 29 Jul 2009 - 22:26

:lol!: Where DID you get your poodle emoticon by the way? I marvel at it everytime I see it ....
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 11:26

Can I just add that hamster interior decorating is FUN...!?! Wink

I got one of these.... :D

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... RB01-RB01-STX6160_xl

And one of these... thumbup

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... RB01-RB01-SEOE2219_xl

:lol!: - please note it is 100% EDIBLE!

And one of these ... afro

I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... 100-30302

Anybody got any shrinking potion, so I can just move in...? rabbit
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 13:13

:lol!: This is going to be one spoilt little hammy!!!!
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Thu 30 Jul 2009 - 21:45

Well, we don't have children and he's gonna be the only furry family member... So yep, he pretty much has got it made... ; )
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 8:30

They are awesome and love the edible chair, can i join you in shrinkage or better yet someone turn me into a hamster and let Galanta look after me!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Fri 31 Jul 2009 - 9:41

You wish... you wish... I found one!!! Will have new baby soon.... Emo-grin
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down