Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Couple of quick questions

4 posters

Go down

Couple of quick questions Empty Couple of quick questions

Post by Lexi69 Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 17:23

Right with regards to girls how do you guys ensure that thay all get enough food especially if you have got slightly bigger and pushier fish keeping the smaller ones away from the food.

With Stress Stripes how can I help 2 of my girls settle in all the others have settled and stripes are all gone but 2 still have really vivid stripes!! confused01 sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Couple of quick questions Empty Re: Couple of quick questions

Post by Guest Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 17:46

Lexi69 wrote:Right with regards to girls how do you guys ensure that thay all get enough food especially if you have got slightly bigger and pushier fish keeping the smaller ones away from the food.

With Stress Stripes how can I help 2 of my girls settle in all the others have settled and stripes are all gone but 2 still have really vivid stripes!! confused01 sunny

LOL I have my girls in a 3 foot tank. So I feed the greedy ones first as they hang out by the filter then add more food further along the tank for the less pushy girls.

8 of mine have lost their stress stripes but one still has prominant stripes. Not sure how you can help lose them though LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 17:58

You could feed sinking pellets as well as floating so the less confident ones get a bite to eat as they sink. also try adding more floating plants, the 2 girls i got yesterday did have stress stripes but once i added a large clump of weed they settled in. it looks a bit messy but my girls spend the majority of their time amoungst it. hope this helps mel :D
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 18:00

For example the plant your have in the pic of Eros, take it out of the pot and let it float. i have a large amount that cover half of my 3 foot but you could have less.
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 18:03

I think partially sinking pellets might be good, you can get tropical pellets from the lfs in the blue pot (might be tetra?) they are partially sinking and good for bettas, the other good thing is putting a bit of live food in once a week, its not as easy to eat and would make food distribution a bit better?
you might also want to try some stress coat for the heavily striped girl or some indian almond leaf just to boost their general well being! Good luck Nath!
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfishy Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 19:37

some girls are just very easily stressed. I had one that freaked out when anything passed by her tank. when I feed my girls I open the lid and sprinkle a good amount all over the water. everybody in the tank eats the betta pellets even the tetras and corys, so I know they dont go to waste.
Newfishy
Newfishy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Wed 8 Jul 2009 - 23:41

Well am getting some frogbit from crystal so hopefully it will give them some more cover! lol!! They are having a fast today so will try feeding over a larger area tomorrow and I will get to the LFS on sat to get some sinking food!! I do put in algea wafers for my catfish so they will be getting some food until sat!! They are actually getting pellets but not as many as the others!! sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down