Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!*

+6
damo2904
Netty
lilacamy931
Femalebettalover
SheenaShoup
silverrabbit
10 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!* Empty Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!*

Post by silverrabbit Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 23:36

2 pretty female bettas from ebay, to be delivered on thursday. I'm very excited to get some nice babies as I have pretty bog-standard girls atm. Having to split up my current sorority as the 3 biggest girls are being little devils towards the 2 little ones, and I think one of these little ones may be a male in disguise!! So, I need to bump up numbers as I think just the 2 will end in disaster.

So i'm excited and nervous... my first fishy buy online affraid

Just had a couple of questions... is 2 weeks enough for QT for a fish after shipping, or do they need longer to recover?

When introducing, do I take out the original girls, introduce the newbies then reintroduce the originals?

AAAAAAAAAARGH, I'm so impatient!!!!

Last edited by silverrabbit on Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:42; edited 1 time in total
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!* Empty Re: Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!*

Post by SheenaShoup Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 2:09

Yea! Good for you Siverrabbit! Want pics asap! bounce Love
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!* Empty Re: Anxiously awaiting... *EDIT they've arrived!!!*

Post by Femalebettalover Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 3:42

Good for you, I started my sorority tank on Saturday. My girls are beautiful, I have pictures posted if you want to see them. As for introducing your new girls, I suggest removing your old girls, rearranging decor and maybe even doing a water change, then introduce all of your girls at the same time, putting the new ones in first. Good luck!

Femalebettalover
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 10:40

2 weeks minimum, 4 weeks is optimum (though personally never patient enough!). Ive bought online plenty (as tend to like more unusual fish) and they will arrive lovely! I havent had a sorority but introduce the new girls first and the most dominant last from what I have read, best of luck. x
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 19:03

Very good advice FBL thumbup

Good luck with your sorority (witches coven) SR Very Happy
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by damo2904 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 21:30

I've bought a few from eBay now, they always turn up fine. I remember when i bought my first one, i was like, oh god, a poor fish in the royal mail, likely to end in disaster.
but everything was fine, cant believe how smooth it went, & he's doing fine!
I only buy mine from online now, all the ones in my local aquariums are the bog standard blue or red VT's.....lovely fish, but u gotta look for something special. Cool

damo2904
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:00

Thankeeees Very Happy i'm very excited. The seller sent me a couple of pics of each of the girls last night and they look really healthy. Very happy with all the communication, it's puting my mind at ease.

Yeah Damo, the thought of the fish in the postal service's hands is really scary affraid There will be pics when they are settle!

Prepping the QT tank for their arrival, so fingers X'd
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by damo2904 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:13

Shocked I just realised, are your girls coming tomorrow!!??????

I've got 2 females coming tomorrow aswell...from eBay!!!!! we can share pictures when they come!!! & see whose postman comes first!! LOL

It is funny when they arrive, you'll get a lil box you sign for, its random that the postman hands you over this box (oblivious there's a lil fishy inside!)

EXCITING STUFF!!! Very Happy

damo2904
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:21

Haha really? what a coincidence Very Happy we can be impatient together!

Wow, it would be hilarious if they're all from the same seller afro
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by damo2904 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:23

now that would be funny!!! ......but spooky Shocked

damo2904
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:26

Hmm 2 betta deliveries from ebay to london arriving on the same day..... *cue X Files music* alien

I am looking forward to comparing pics! What colours are you expecting? I'm waiting for a cambo and a cellophane Very Happy
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by damo2904 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:45

oh u bought the cambo one, lol..... i saw that one.

damo2904
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 22:46

Hehe yeah, I miss the old cambo female I used to have, and I fancied another pale girl so got the white/cellophane
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:47

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaayness Very Happy my babies have arrived and they are just ADORABLE Love The cambo girl is smaller, but sooooo pretty, and the cellophane is amazing drool

Was getting worried as they were put in post 9 am yesterday and were meant to be here before 1pm, and they got here at 12:30 lol! I thought they'd been lost!

They have already coloured up nicely, I'm so happy! I ordered the Atison's betta pro - I heard that's better for growth than the standard Atisons? Arrived this morning so will start feeding tonight. I'm so pleased, this has driven me out of my down patch Smile
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:53

Glad to hear they arrived safely Very Happy

silverrabbit wrote:they were put in post 9 am yesterday

Thats early! We always use the main sorting office, so can leave it till 5.30 - 6pm before taking any down.
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 12:56

Oooh glad they got to you ok, mine don't normally arrive until 12pm at the earliest! Can't wait to see piccies of the little beauties in their new home!
crystal
crystal
Feathertail
Feathertail

http://www.mfccustoms.synthasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 13:04

I thought it was early too - he mailed me after he'd been to the post office and I was a bit like affraid my poor babies! But they seemed fine - much better than I expected. As soon as I floated them with a bit of my water added they really perked up, and they were still warm when they arrived thank goodness (was my biggest worry)

Pics maybe tonight or tomo Very Happy going to get them some more plants today to make sure they are happy in QT
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by damo2904 Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 15:05

Mine arrived too!!!!! cheers

They are lovely too.....have you named yours? Mine are Isis & Magenta.

Magenta was very colourless when she arrived, but like you say the colour is back already.

I'm so pleased yours arrived ok, you'll be addicted to ordering bettas now! thumbup

damo2904
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 16:24

Congrats and glad they've all arrived safe and well Very Happy
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 16:27

glad they are all safe xx
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 17:37

cheers New babies! Hope they have helped cheers you up SR!!! Love
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 18:15

Thanks guys, i'm in love with them, but unfortunately bad luck is once again following me. The cellophane girl jumped though the teensiest gap imaginable (how DO they do it?!?!?!) and I found her just in time I think Sad she's not looking great but I know this happens a fair bit to people and their bettas seem to live so i'm hopinh with the meds and water changes this girl will pull through.

*sigh*
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 19:21

Good luck with her. They are little monsters for jumping through the tiniest of gaps. We lost one through the gap that the heater wire goes through on the first night of having her.
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 20:57

Tell her not to do that any more SR affraid I have not experienced that yet TG, I hope she pulls through. Sorry about your loss Netty! hug Do the females jump more then the guys?
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Thu 25 Mar 2010 - 21:00

I'm not sure if females jump more, I think it's more to do with short fins meaning they can jump easier. The boy i've had jump I never found.. guessing Simba had him for dinner Sad
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next