Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Sen is all moved in now =D and other news

+2
lilacamy931
Assaye
6 posters

Go down

Sen is all moved in now =D and other news Empty Sen is all moved in now =D and other news

Post by Assaye Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 1:04

My little red betta, Sen, has now been moved in with Osiris and Balthazar. There is something kinda poetic about having three very different red bettas in the same tank =) Osiris is my solid dark red VT, Balthazar is my red and blue CT (mostly red) and then there is little Sen.

We're not sure if Sen is a female VT or a male PK (although we think young male PK). Pretty fish, though. Red with purple hues on the body and fins.

Sen's been exploring the tank and seems pretty at home. Showing some light stress stripes, but I think I would be pretty stressed if I'd just moved house ^^

Very active, curious little betta, hence why I've not been able to get any decent photos. Will get some full tank shots once the water is less cloudy fro moving dividers around. It's a 60 L divided into three with two filters. Nicely planted (although plants don't do too well in there, despite good lighting and fertiliser tabs in the gravel - looking into some daily ferts for the tank).

Ooo, as I type this, Sen's stress stripes have gone. Yay!

In terms of other news, I've put in some bids on 4 of Daz's girls on Ebay. Really, really pretty little HMPKs. Saw them and despite not having any immediate plans to get more females, I just had to bid. They'll go in the 65 litre with the corys, neons, shrimp and frogs.

The 65 litre will technically be overstocked (got 7 teeny platinum tetras to go in there soon as well, once they come out of QT) but it has two big filters and loads of plants, so I think we'll be OK. Total stocking will be:

7 neon tetras
7 platinum tetras
3 corys
1 shrimp
2 african dwarf frogs
5 female bettas

Yeah, over stocked but I have the other 65 litre (currently housing my killer panchax and Apollo) as backup if I can't get the water stats looking OK/if the fish seem stressed.

Oh, and it's not strictly betta related, but I bought a panchax home from work a few weeks ago. Everything was hunky dory until I noticed the tetras going missing! The beast gobbled two of them up before I could move it, lol. Stunning fish but a bit too mean for my community tank. Thinking about re-homing it but I'm pretty attatched. I think I'll find somewhere to house it until I can get the 110 litre set up again.

Erm.

Oh, I bought two new VTs home from work, after Marble and Fenrir passed on (I'm a sucker for a hard-luck case). One is another peach dalmation, like Cygnus (Matthew's boy). He's called Apollo and is a great little bubblenester. The other is a marble that lookes a lot like Marble. Really pretty 'water' effect on his light blue fins. He's called Boann. Both being QTed atm.

Matthew also has a new tank, to replace his rather battered 50 litre. It's a neat little 54 litre Aqua One tank (Horizon, I think it's called) with a glass lid and light that arcs over the top of the tank. No hood, as such. Really pretty and it's nice to treat ourselves occasionally. Bought it when we found out that to get a hood, lighting controllers and bulb for his old tank would cost more than replacing it, lol.

That's a lot of betta news! Wish me luck with my horde =P
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Sen is all moved in now =D and other news Empty Re: Sen is all moved in now =D and other news

Post by lilacamy931 Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 7:19

All the best of luck, everything sounds terrific! One thing...PICTURES!!!!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Sen is all moved in now =D and other news Empty Re: Sen is all moved in now =D and other news

Post by tropical girl Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 9:30

i agree pictures pictures we love them
please [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tropical girl
tropical girl
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by xphat_fishx Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 15:48

Ha, i was also going to say pictures! Very Happy

xphat_fishx
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 22:50

Sen's tank (with Oz and Balthazar):

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Deimos and Sirius:

Matthew's new tank:

The community tank:

The nearly-empty 65 litre (being divided when I have time):

The QT tank:

Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 22:59

OMG I love the dalmation! great tanks, who pays the electricity bill! tee hee x
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Thu 10 Dec 2009 - 23:10

Just won these two <3

Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 8:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] So jealous! Gorgeous setups and tanks! Love Deimos and Sirius! Well done on them (and thanks for the demand for pictures!)
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by aly_starh Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 10:34

WWOOAAHHHH...! You have so many tanks, Lovely fish btw!

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Fri 11 Dec 2009 - 15:21

We've just decided that we're getting another 28 litre like Deimos and Sirius' tank and dividing that for Apollo and Boann. That'll go where the QT tank is. That means the panchax can have the 65 litre to himself for a while, until I'm sure all the tanks are settled and then I might get some rams or wilds for the 65 litre (to be moved to the 110 litre next year).

I don't have any money though, LOL!
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down