Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Good news yesterday...Bad news today!

4 posters

Go down

Good news yesterday...Bad news today! Empty Good news yesterday...Bad news today!

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:08

I cant believe it only talking about this the other day to Kizno1 that chinese algae eaters are not very friendly...well earlier this afternoon my Golden Nugget Plec was murdered by my biggest chinese algae eater pale Im very very sad Sad as iv only had him 2 weeks and he was settling in nicely on his bog wood...not as shy as when i bought him either.
When i took him out and i had a look at my special boy he had a bite in his head Sad Im going to miss him but hopefully he'll be enjoying himself in heaven littleangel I try not to think about it as it makes me want to cry crying
I suppose i should've learned the first time as he's the one who took a bite out the side of Ferrari my male betta! Now i just want to get rid of the chinese algae eaters, but dont know what to do with them...everyones said flush them down the toilet but thats just evil! Evil or Very Mad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Good news yesterday...Bad news today! Empty Re: Good news yesterday...Bad news today!

Post by kizno1 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:12

sorry to hear. i tryed to tell you they will attack anythink evan fish alot bigger. im suprised it was the GN there normaly strong enought to stick up for themself. they really need to go now. i would replace the GN with another a BN would be better.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Good news yesterday...Bad news today! Empty Re: Good news yesterday...Bad news today!

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:15

Thanks, what would you do with them...sell them??
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:17

sell them or if not give them back to the lfs.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:18

Okay thankyou Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:20

If you can, if not see if you can give them away to a good home. We have Freebies like that here in the state, free to good home means they are free, but I make sure you will be kind to the animal. I have done that when I was in Anchorage growing up, and people do interview, or buy a seperate tank for them? hug Sorry about your loss hun! littleangel RIP little guy!
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:31

Thanks Sheena i was thinking about doing that...i wouldnt be in this fine mess if the pet store i orginally got them from knew what they where talking about and had given me the right information...i only found out the real truth about them when kizno1 told me about them! Didnt even know what type of loach they where either, so couldnt google anything until now.
Thanks everyone
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:32

its not your fualt i bet most people on here at sometime have brought one i had 3 when i fist started out but luckily i found out about them before anythink happened.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:38

I orginally bought 1 as they are good cleaners and do an excellent job, but it was for my 21 litre tank (my daughters tank) then i got another 21 litre tank for my other daughter so bought her 1. When i got my 95 litre tank i put everything from both of the smaller tanks together and use the smaller tanks as a nursery for my molly babies and the other is waiting for my male betta thats coming from Thailand in a few weeks. Only ever told they'd grow to 7cm but the biggest one now is a lot bigger than that say 10cm long! But i am gonna get rid of them soon.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:42

if i where you i would put them both in the spare 6g for now just so they dont kill anyothers once they start they seem to get a taste for it an normally kill more in a short space of time.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:45

Ok il do that tonight when the children are in bed or il get nagged, lol! thumbup
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 29 Mar 2010 - 18:46

haha sounds good :]
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 2 Apr 2010 - 2:41

Iv done it...was dreading catching the evil little things but no problem really, i put them in the 6 gallon tank as suggested. They seem settled but now iv got the big problem of getting rid of them...if they are so bad as everyone says who will actually want an evil CAE??
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Mon 5 Apr 2010 - 1:03

Hope you find them new homes with no trouble, sorry they killed your GN Sad
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:26

My lfs is having my chinese algae eaters asked today and they said they adopt unwanted fish, so im happy Very Happy no more killer fish for me Evil or Very Mad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:29

good good thumbup your stocking looks good now apart from the cory they need to be in 4s but 6 would be best
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:32

i sorted that today, i got 3 peppered and 3 albino they are settling in well, all staying together in a little group, they are very cute
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:38

sounds good. yh they like to shaol together once they settly in the normally god round the tank in a big shoal. do you just let them feed on food that falls to the bottom or do you add extra food?
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:46

I add extra food every few days they love the cat fish pellet food and the algae wafers that i give to the algae eaters. They are very playful fish too, didnt realise it till i got my first 2 i just thought they sat on the bottom...but they love to swim about same as all the other fish in there.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 19:48

there really active once they settle in and every now and again the dart tot the surface. mine love trout pellets like you get for fishing there about £2.50 for a Kg in jollys they start to break up in the water fairly quickly so the corys can pick little bits off.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 20:07

Yeah my 2 older corys do that they dart to the top of the tank, some of the new ones have been doing that this evening, iv been trans-fixed on the tank today watching the new ones. I also got 5 neons and a white male molly too.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 20:12

yh i like corys. panda corys are really nice you shoul have a look at them and in the 6g with the new betta you could get 6 pygmy corys that get about 2cm max.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 20:20

Iv not seen the pygmy corys at my lfs, il have to ask about them when i next go...in 2 weeks time.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 12 Apr 2010 - 20:24

they should be able to order them in for you.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum