Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

We finally have our fuzzy little boy!

5 posters

Go down

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Empty We finally have our fuzzy little boy!

Post by Galanta Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 4:01

You might remember from my earlier thread that my hubby really really wanted a black We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-grin. I searched far and wide and found one, which seemed to be at least a charcoal color. Well, today we finally picked him up at 5-6 weeks of age. Turned out as he was maturing he was also lightening up more, so he is really just a gray color We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Dry , but he is sooo cute We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-sLo_LoveCrazed , hubby didn't mind. We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-yay He is all gray except for white paws, a white chin and a round little white spot on his chest.

When we went to pick him up, the breeder brought him out onto the lawn in front of her house. My husband put out his hand and and the little guy went on up and proceeded to crawl all over my husband, who was instantly smitten. :Love: We all sat crosslegged on the grass for 20 min while I was asking the lady questions and the little guy did not try to take off once. He ended up curling up in the crook of my husband's knee in a little grass nest.... :D

So here are a few preliminary pics:

The first two shots were taken by my husband on our drive home:

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3828527842_cd8aaab9cb

This one shows his white chin...

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3828527872_be42303cba

This is a shot of the bin cage (doesn't show the whole thing - it is 28gal actually):

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3826873645_ff6897f76e

This is him checking out his little log cabin...

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3826873773_1786013477

This is him testing the depth of the bedding...
(please note adorable little white feet :Love: )

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3826873783_ba51872004

Turned out he found the accommodations acceptable - with slight modifications... Instead of using the "door" to his log cabin, he had a better plan... He ran in and out once, then dove into the bedding and dug his way through under one of the walls. Once he popped up inside, he "barricaded" the window and door and proceeded to only use the "basement entry" from then on out... :lol!:

This is him taking one last peek before finally going to sleep... adore

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! 3826873789_067f733cfe

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-sLo_LoveCrazedWe finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-sLo_LoveCrazedWe finally have our fuzzy little boy! Emo-sLo_LoveCrazed I think I'm in love ... lolol
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Empty Re: We finally have our fuzzy little boy!

Post by Galanta Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 4:07

Oh, forgot to mention... His name is Ajambo. It is African and means "one, who was born in the evening" - an allusion to his gray color.
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

We finally have our fuzzy little boy! Empty Re: We finally have our fuzzy little boy!

Post by CeeJayy Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 12:12

OMG He is adorable! He has a lovely cosy house too! My hamsters always used to go in their houses and barracade the door once inside, used to love it on cleaning day finding the whole weeks food in there LOL. I wondered why he was eating so much and not putting on weight....
CeeJayy
CeeJayy
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 12:35

That last photo is insanely cute! congratulations!
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 15:21

Oh wow....he's such a little cutie...congrats on your new little one :Love:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 16:56

WOW He;s stunning soooo cute adore

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 22:12

Thanks guys! And yes, he is being a true hamster... In the cage photo you can see a handful of lab blocks in the green bowl. These were put in at noon and by midnight when my husband came home, they were all gone. If he had eaten them all, he probably would have burst.
I saw this morning that he cleared out the space under his log cabin eaves in the back and he has the whole pile there between the log cabin and the outside wall of the bin. At least I can keep track of how much food he has stashed. Just don't tip him off that his whole stash is in plain view... :lol!:
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 22:15

lmao bless him Smile
have you got a lid for the tub/cage
Thats the best sort you have there - lovely and big and dont have the wires - maybe i was just unlucky but one of my hamsters strangles themselves trying to get out between the wires over night
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 22:35

How sad Pip! Yes, we definitely keep a lid on. We cut out the whole inside of the lid bin and covered it with 1/4 inch hardware cloth. We just had the lid off for photos. Don't dare keep it off if we are not around as if he figures out how to get on top of th wheel, he'll be out of there... :D
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 22:49

My son's little hammy never liked bedding in his house. He would stuff it all in his cheeks and take it to the other side of his cage and pull it all out again :lol!:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galanta Mon 17 Aug 2009 - 23:16

That's hilarious! Yeah, iwith the amount of stuff he piled on the outside, I don't know what he has left inside... If u compare the two photos showing the log cabin, you can see he looks all "snowed in" in the second one. : )
Galanta
Galanta
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Tue 18 Aug 2009 - 1:26

AVALANCHE !!!!! lmao
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down