Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Our next shipment

+5
lilacamy931
crystal
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
pippoodle
Wilsonnw8
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Our next shipment - Page 2 Empty Re: Our next shipment

Post by pippoodle Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:18

I tried to spawn once and it didnt work so the next 2 times which worked i sealed all holes tank so tank was running in condensation while they were conditioning
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:20

well our stock is changing soon so there will be a major change in the shop, not fixtures just stock lines. There are some issues of owning a LFS that are not enjoyable at all and we've decided to refrain from these in the future and our new stock will just be awesome and easier to maintain and source. Bettas will stay in place though, when we get another shipment that is LMAO. Very excited about our new lines and its never been done before in the UK from what we know. Fail or succeed? time will tell.
Bettas will be spawned in the shop and there will be 10 tanks that will be spawning and outgrows which will be nice to have them all in one place.

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:23

be great for customers to see too
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:25

yeah they do like seeing the bettas spawning and they are usually shocked at the size of the fry. They expect guppy sized things swimming around.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:31

So whats the new lines then daz bounce bounce
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:46

Cant say as yet.

This is the type of things we get hacked off at. The other day i have someone come in asking me to buy their goldfish off them so they could get the money and go and buy some fish from another shop. Someone came in with a bag and emptied it showing us what they had just purchsed from Pets @ Home for their community tank. This really annoyed me as its like rubbing my face in it and what makes it worse is that these community fish were chocolate gouramis, dwarf puffer, a butterfly fish, synodontis (spelling lol) group of kribs, 3 large parrot fish and a african clawed frog and then she wanted to go back and get a tyretrack for the same tank. This tank is 125 litres.

We are slowing changing to become something that would be considered as out of the box and when people come to the shop they aint gunna see what they expect to see but what they will see will be nothing like they've seen before thus making us stand out from the chain stores. We are going back to basics very much like when we first opened and use the bettas as a marketing structure to build the reputation. Shock treatment is needed to remind people that the smaller shops need supporting more than the chain stores.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:50

Modaz wrote: Shock treatment is needed to remind people that the smaller shops need supporting more than the chain stores.

ELECTRIC FENCES!!!!!! Thats a bit drastic :lol!:
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:54

NO ITS NOT!!!!! lol

The only problem with any trade is that customers are very fickle. The aquatic trade is worse than any of them. I wouldnt recommend anyone opening up a shop after knowing what i know now. 80% of customers are excellent but the other 20% are not just awkward they are dreadful beyond belief and this we want to get away from.

Get this! I spent 45 mins with a customer the other day talking about what the best fish were to go in their tank. After this time they said they would go to the other shops first and come back to us if they needed us. You can imagine what i wanted to say when I couldve been actually concentrating on true customers.

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 0:56

when it's sorted i might actually venture up to bournemouth to visit your shop - is it wheelchair friendly or would i need to come on a good day when my crutch is ok
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 1:00

People can be very rude and sometimes it hurts to hear some of the things they say to us. We are used widely as a resolution center for the chains stores and the dodgy smaller shops around here. They make mistakes and sell fish for the hell of the money and we provide meds and advice to treat the problems and solve bad stocking issues that shouldnt have happened in the first place. We now refuse any homing of any unwanted fish due to this problem. What gets my goat is that these people continue to buy from them even with the unexceptable issues. The pet shop licensing needs to be reviewed and shops need to monitired every month to make standards improve but they wont.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 1:04

yeah we are wheel chair friendly but if you ask the woman in her chair that insists that she will break her neck going over the 1 inch lip through the door then we are not friendly on these issues LMAO even when we offer to help her over it, we have to serve her at the door even though there is enough space in the shop for her to venture around, the new refit 6 months enabled more room for chairs and prams even though some mothers with toddlers in prams need driving lessons and their childs hands bound before they come in the shop :lol!: im mean i know but im not child friendly at all Im pure evil LOL

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 1:18

Modaz wrote:yeah we are wheel chair friendly but if you ask the woman in her chair that insists that she will break her neck going over the 1 inch lip through the door then we are not friendly on these issues LMAO even when we offer to help her over it, we have to serve her at the door even though there is enough space in the shop for her to venture around, the new refit 6 months enabled more room for chairs and prams even though some mothers with toddlers in prams need driving lessons and their childs hands bound before they come in the shop :lol!: im mean i know but im not child friendly at all Im pure evil LOL

WelL I aint ever coming up if you aint child friendly as you could end up with your head dunked in a tank!! 🤣 I wanna know what the new area is!! tantrum tantrum sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Fri 7 Aug 2009 - 1:20

awww you got to be friendly to my kids cos they love their fishies and if they misbehave you're allowed to shout at them
cos even though they are really good you can bet your arse that when i come to your shop that will be the time they are little gits lmao
so by all means shout if they are naughty lol

my kids never ever bang tanks - they got too many at home 2 bed flat only 5 rooms including bath room and 13 or 14 taks cant remember lol
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Mon 10 Aug 2009 - 9:38

Hello Any further updates on your shipment yet Daz? Have you told the shipper us British are very good at riots Wink lol

Nah not electric fences go with a electric cattle prod much more satisfying, you could show it to the shipper Twisted Evil lol
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Mon 10 Aug 2009 - 9:47

my favourite rant is pets at home! sorry if it is anyones fave place! I bought a fish from yarmouth at pets at home as he was in a mess. I had the usual lecture about how long the tank had been set up etc, I said oh not long small tank, seller continued to fill out the sales form put down postcode, NN2 about 120 miles from Yarmouth. Didnt bat an eye lid and just sold me the fish. How absolutely stupid and waste of time is that!!
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2