Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

What kinda betta is Miss Piggy?

2 posters

Go down

What kinda betta is Miss Piggy? Empty What kinda betta is Miss Piggy?

Post by fishboy14564 Sun 8 Jul 2012 - 2:32

I was recently given a second hand fish, appropriately named Miss Piggy. I would like to know what type or kind of betta one might call her as well as any advice on her health or age. I have years of fish experience and Miss Piggy has a cush life with me but I've never been given a 3 inch obese betta. She's incredibly active and flares aggressively at others in a very butch way, even blowing a few bubbles around the edge of her water, but never making a nest. Her appearance and size makes me think male. I was thinking of putting her on a one pellet a day diet for a while to try to slim her down. And correct me if I'm wrong but bettas only become ripe with eggs in the presence of a male and that's not something I have to worry about right? She looks like she could lay a bunch of eggs right now but that's how she's always looked. Any thoughts much appreciated! Sorry my pictures aren't high quality...she's very active.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

fishboy14564
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

What kinda betta is Miss Piggy? Empty Re: What kinda betta is Miss Piggy?

Post by Nataliey Tue 11 Dec 2012 - 13:13

Hi, the size you described is that the length of her body or the whole fish she sounds like a giant betta to me or possibly half giant.

Is 'she' building nests all the time? are they big nests like a male would build?

Is it her tummy part that is fat? If so you dont always need a male for a female to produce eggs they produce eggs daily but more so when they are being conditioned to breed.

What are her fins/tail like are they long? how long are the ventrals?

Age wise i dont know without seeing her.

You tried giving her a cooked, shelled chopped up peas once a week is good and fast her for one day also. this will help getting her back to a routine where she wont look fat and will benefit her in the long run.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum