Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Greetings from Michigan

3 posters

Go down

Greetings from Michigan Empty Greetings from Michigan

Post by Amphitrite Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 18:59

I'm Amphitrite, the newest member on the forum, and I joined because I just recently got a male CT that I don't know much about caring for. He's set up in a 10 gallon tank with a heater, filter, thermometer, and decorations. What I don't know about is the several diseases that they can get and how to treat them properly. That's why I've joined the site. I want to make sure that I provide the best care possible for my betta. I'll post pictures of him in the proper section of the site.
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Michigan Empty Re: Greetings from Michigan

Post by 2tall Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 20:11

Hi and welcome. Unfortunately activity has died down here. There are a few that look in from time to time.

As far as diseases my best advice would be look at the health stickeys and browse through the old post in the health section.

Best to you and your new CT. Name him soon!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 20:22

I noticed that member activity has died out a bit on this site, but maybe it'll revive later on. I've decided to name him Triton after a Greek sea god. It fits my theme. I'm uploading a video of him on YouTube right now so that I can share him with the other members on this site that still look on here. I'll check out the stickies in the health section, thank you for showing me the right direction.
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 20:28

Triton is a great name and I'll check your video out. Keep in mind I'm an old buzzard and I'm technically challenge! lol!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Sun 1 Jan 2012 - 20:37

Well, it appears that I can't post external links or emails until I've been a member for 7 days, but I did manage to post three pictures of him. I'll embed the video on here after 7 days.
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 17:09

Amphitrite wrote:Well, it appears that I can't post external links or emails until I've been a member for 7 days, but I did manage to post three pictures of him. I'll embed the video on here after 7 days.

Really, i hope to see him in 7 days or so then his photos are beautiful, i love the first photo of him peeping out his ornament very cute Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 17:26

I can't wait to post the video of him. He likes to flare at his own reflection a lot and I believe that I caught some of it on video. Flaring at his own reflection won't harm him will it? Doesn't it mean that he's most likely very healthy because he's so willing to flare after just being put in the tank a few days ago?
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 19:23

Flarring at himself is fine he just thinks he can see another male betta and he's squaring upto his reflection by flarring.

Flarring is a good time to see all their fins/tail as everything flares up
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 21:13

That's good news, I was getting worried because he seemed to flare at his reflection so often. I thought that it might be making him stressed or something. Oh, I go back to school tomarrow. Vacation is over, but it won't keep me from this site and Runescape. I might have to be off for a little bit at times.
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 3 Jan 2012 - 23:02

Just wanted to mention that iv been to Michigan to see a friend in 2008 but i was in Detroit, very different from the UK, everything was so big! Would love to go back but far too expensive flights. Rolling Eyes
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 21:40

Detroit is a great place to be, but it can also be dangerous. It all depends on what part of Detroit you're visiting or living in. Staying in the tourist areas will keep you safer than being alone and clueless. There are some parts that you definately want to avoid unless you're a hustler. All places have those areas, though, but Detroit is one place that you probably don't want to experiment with. At one point it was the top of the danger list, I'm not sure if it is anymore.

I live in Battle Creek, a smaller yet friendly place to be compared to Detroit. Battle Creek, known as the "Cereal City", is the world headquarters of Kellogg Company, founded by Will Keith Kellogg in 1906, whose brother, Dr. John Harvey Kellogg, invented cold breakfast cereal as an alternative to the traditional meat-based breakfast. Battle Creek is also the third-largest city in Michigan, after Detroit and Grand Rapids. I thought it'd be interesting to add a little history about Battle Creek here.

Plane flights are sadly expensive which makes it very complicated for transportation. It makes me sad because I think that everyone deserves to afford plane tickets. Don't we all pay enough to the government? Why should we have to pay so much for a piece of paper?
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Wed 4 Jan 2012 - 22:34

My little Dear, you'll understand more as your life goes. Basic fact being everything goes up in price. Paper is nothing but a "marker"!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amphitrite Thu 16 Feb 2012 - 0:32

Alright, I know it's been a while, but please don't be mad at me for not logging on (I know that you won't be). I had no intentions on being offline for so long, however, my computer decided to give me a very long vacation from the computer. Over this vacation I actually got two new bettas. One isn't doing so great at the moment. I'm going to post a topic about it in the right section where you can post any advice or ideas.

I now have a baby betta that was purchased from Petco, it was labeled as a female VT, but I'm thinking that it might be a male PK. It might be too soon to tell it's gender, though. It's currently in a 1.7 gallon that I plan on using as a hospital tank. It's going to be his/her home until I can get a nice 2.5 gallon purchased and set up. It shouldn't take too long because I'm now getting $50 every week for chores around the house. If you saw the size of our house and how filthy it gets, you'd understand why my parents give me so much money. I'm getting a 2.5 for the betta only because I don't have anymore room for another 10 gallon.

The betta that isn't doing so well is a male VT. He's a beauty to me, but when I purchased him he was already sick (purchased him for a discount of $1). I only bought him because I thought that I had identified what the sickness was, but I'm now having doubts about it. I bought my second 10 gallon and put Triton in it and after cleaning up Triton's old tank, I put the newest betta in it. He likes it, there's no doubt about it, but it's the fact that he's having a hard time swimming. Again, I'll explain in the proper section.
Amphitrite
Amphitrite
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum