Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls

+2
Better than Betta
skullobsessed
6 posters

Go down

My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls  Empty My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls

Post by skullobsessed Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 8:25

What a nice feeling it is when your boys show their appreciation with bubbles drunken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls  Empty Re: My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls

Post by Better than Betta Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 8:32

Wish mine would blow that many bubbles
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls  Empty Re: My boys are happy as Larry in their bowls

Post by skullobsessed Thu 13 Jan 2011 - 9:10

Yours do a pretty good job thumbup
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Fri 14 Jan 2011 - 18:29

Ha Ha, they obviously feel safe, happy and loved.... thumbup
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Fri 14 Jan 2011 - 19:07

Well your guys are in competition too!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamaljot Fri 14 Jan 2011 - 20:07

You prove that there is nothing wrong with keeping bettas in bowls if kept correctly. I may try..

Kamaljot
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Tue 18 Jan 2011 - 10:35

Ha Ha, they obviously feel safe, happy and loved....
You prove that there is nothing wrong with keeping bettas in bowls if kept correctly

Thank you guys.
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Time-Out Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 10:21

Kamaljot wrote:You prove that there is nothing wrong with keeping bettas in bowls if kept correctly. I may try..

I disgree quite vehemently. You can keep a dog in a cage. It will still breed and wag its tail to greet you, but that doesn't mean that's the best way to keep a dog! Sorry for the analogy, but sometimes they're needed!

Time-Out
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 12:06

I disgree quite vehemently. You can keep a dog in a cage. It will still breed and wag its tail to greet you, but that doesn't mean that's the best way to keep a dog! Sorry for the analogy, but sometimes they're needed!
Wow, Ouch. I'm glad its the fish i have to please and not you.
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 12:54

Why have fish at all. They should be in a river or lake not in a container of any shape or size. Why have a budgie in a cage they should be free flying in that big blue sky. Just like the budgie most people feed, love and pamper them and just like your fish they are loved, fed and pampered. My bruiser is over 18 months old and he lives in a bowl and my Q-T she was bred in a bowl. We evil bowl keepers take very good care of our fish, better to live with us than at the pet shop.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Time-Out Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:09

If all it takes is love and care, then cups and vases are fine.

Someone who caters to the NEEDS of their budgie may let it fly about the house during the day and be a bird, rather than have it sat on a perch all day like a pretty object.

Fish would rather swim than not. Swimming is essential to their survival. On an even more basic level too, excercise promotes health.

Anyway, I was only giving my opinion. I didn't think I was saying any different to how most people who truely care think. You'll find more articles against bowl-kept fish than for. Possibly even some might be on this forum.

Time-Out
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:12

I didn't think I was saying any different to how most people who truely care think.
Right. So i don't truely care about my fish? I have 32 fighting fish... and i dont care about them????.... Seems like a waste of money doesnt it? I think we have different ideas of the definition of "care".
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Time-Out Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:28

I'm not looking for an argument. I just don't think that's the best way to care for them. I would be very sorry to hear of other people taking up bad habits. It would mean that this forum had failed in its task to inform and help betta keepers.

Numbers don't mean anything. Petco have lots.

I'm sorry if my opinion offended you. I shall keep it to myself.

Time-Out
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 13:38

I'm not looking for an argument. I just don't think that's the best way to care for them.
And each to their own. But i think i have proved to myself that i know whats best for my fish. And i give them the best that i can with the money that i have. I'm sorry if that's not upto your standards but all i need is to see how happy they are and i know that i'm not the animal cruelty Nazi you make me out to be.

I would be very sorry to hear of other people taking up bad habits. It would mean that this forum had failed in its task to inform and help betta keepers.
I think that it is a good thing for the forum to show that you can have happy healthy fish in bowls. You may not think so, but my experience has proved it. Just because it is not something that you do yourself, does not mean that it doesn't work.

Numbers don't mean anything. Petco have lots.
I find that very offensive. If they were so hard done by they would not have lasted this long.
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 14:40

I think that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The trouble is on a forum the things that people write down can come across as offensive and sometimes downright nasty, but that is not the intention of the person who is posting. I think we need to call a truce now...xxx
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamaljot Fri 21 Jan 2011 - 15:55

No one can force their opinions on some one, If some one keeps their betta in bowls and the BETTA is HAPPY, their is no need to change their ways, betta's may live longer and be happier in bowls then tanks! We dont speak fish, Live and let live...

Kamaljot
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sat 22 Jan 2011 - 6:28

Yes I agree with all of you...but I think also genetics is cruel too. Look what we have turned the little betta into. We manipulated his colours to be more vibrant than ever which isn't a bad thing but we altered his appearance so he has oversize fins and split tails. This must be very cumbersome for him. Personally they never look very graceful trying to swim with all that and they seem to be struggling , they don't swim with the grace and ease like other fish. The girls look more graceful though and I feel they have been designed to adapt to smaller spaces. Thank mankind they do it to all animals.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down