Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

My Aquarium Setups

+3
liz2
2tall
Better than Betta
7 posters

Go down

My Aquarium Setups Empty My Aquarium Setups

Post by Better than Betta Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 3:40

Here are a couple of my Aquarium setups. Both fighters guppies and Platties.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

My Aquarium Setups Empty Re: My Aquarium Setups

Post by 2tall Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 4:30

Nice tanks you have there! Surprised
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 13:23

lovely tanks, but sorry dont like the vase...and there isnt a cover on it?
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 14:59

I like the big tank, also i like the tank with the big ornamental fish in the centre...

if it where me id have lids as some fish like to jump as iv found out in the past, lol!
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Fri 7 Jan 2011 - 18:03

Yeah, I'm obsessed with having lids on my tanks. Smile I've seen some of my fish try to jump as I've been about to feed them. I don't fancy coming home to one that made a bid for "freedom". Nice tanks though.
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 7:54

liz2 wrote:lovely tanks, but sorry dont like the vase...and there isnt a cover on it?
Thank you for the advice on the covers needed. Don't worry these tanks are in the process of getting lids just waiting on my husband to make them up for me, its on his must do list. The vase is only temporary as Elton will be in with his wife to be, just getting him acquainted with her. He is very interested in her due to the amount of tail action and bubbles he is making. Just a couple of more days and he 'll be in.javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 7:59

Nataliey wrote:I like the big tank, also i like the tank with the big ornamental fish in the centre...

if it where me id have lids as some fish like to jump as iv found out in the past, lol!
Thank you lids are coming. Touch wood nothing happens in the mean time.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 8:04

Irish_Lass wrote:Yeah, I'm obsessed with having lids on my tanks. Smile I've seen some of my fish try to jump as I've been about to feed them. I don't fancy coming home to one that made a bid for "freedom". Nice tanks though.
Your right I wouldn't like them to breath more air than they should, don't worry I am getting lids made from polycarbonate to go on top and thank you for your comments.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 10:54

Better than Betta wrote:
liz2 wrote:lovely tanks, but sorry dont like the vase...and there isnt a cover on it?
Thank you for the advice on the covers needed. Don't worry these tanks are in the process of getting lids just waiting on my husband to make them up for me, its on his must do list. The vase is only temporary as Elton will be in with his wife to be, just getting him acquainted with her. He is very interested in her due to the amount of tail action and bubbles he is making. Just a couple of more days and he 'll be in.javascript:emoticonp('Very Happy')

Ah the husband 'to do list' my other half has one of those too, iv asked him to make me a hood with a light for one of my big tanks i want to set up for a grow out tank for my fry...im still waiting tho, lol! Dont like to pester him but will probably end up doing it myself if he gets me the wood. Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Sat 8 Jan 2011 - 13:20

Very nice. How big is the big tank with the guppies and platys in? It looks great
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 8:06

kizno1 wrote:Very nice. How big is the big tank with the guppies and platys in? It looks great
Hi The tank is approx 120 litres triangle with mirror backs. This is the tank I put my 2 bettas in but sadly I lost them within a week. At the time I only had 6 platties in it, now I have 9 and 6 guppies. Thanks to good advice from people on this site I have learnt a lot on what to do and not what to do. But it starting to get costly with all the extra things I need to buy. Ammonia/nitrate test kits, things to get bacteria going etc etc. I haven't looked at the medical stuff yet. Might need to mortgage my house to keep up with it...joke.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 8:13

Nataliey wrote:
Better than Betta wrote:

Ah the husband 'to do list' my other half has one of those too, iv asked him to make me a hood with a light for one of my big tanks i want to set up for a grow out tank for my fry...im still waiting tho, lol! Dont like to pester him but will probably end up doing it myself if he gets me the wood. Smile
Yes a hood might be a challenging project....might need to use bribery or yes doing it yourself. My better half has come through and has made up my covers although it was not as complicated as a hood, you can cut polycarbonate within a day so he'll get his favorite dinner tonight.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 8:37

Better than Betta wrote:
kizno1 wrote:Very nice. How big is the big tank with the guppies and platys in? It looks great
Hi The tank is approx 120 litres triangle with mirror backs. This is the tank I put my 2 bettas in but sadly I lost them within a week. At the time I only had 6 platties in it, now I have 9 and 6 guppies. Thanks to good advice from people on this site I have learnt a lot on what to do and not what to do. But it starting to get costly with all the extra things I need to buy. Ammonia/nitrate test kits, things to get bacteria going etc etc. I haven't looked at the medical stuff yet. Might need to mortgage my house to keep up with it...joke.
I forgot to ask you...With that amount of fish in my tank would there be any more room to put 2 bettas. I was told by the pet store that bettas get on real well with platties but there might be too many and I don't want to loose any again.javascript:emoticonp('Smile')
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 11:57

Better than Betta wrote:

Really i thnought it would be smaller than that. Bet they love it in there. I wouldnt worry about the "instant cycle" and bacteria products out of all the once tested only 1 has been shown to make a difference and that way because it was frozen from when it was bottled all the way to the lfs and then again in the lfs so the bacteria stays frozen where as in the other once the bacteria will die off after a few days. Its probably not recommended but once your tanks have been up for a while and your not adding new fish unless theres a problem theres really no need to test. With new tanks they still need testing weekly though but after that they dont need testing as often or at all. Ive had my tanks set up for just over 2 years now and havent needed to test any of them in atleast 6 months. There all well filtered all mature and i havent been adding new fish.

[quote="Better than Betta"]
Better than Betta wrote:
I forgot to ask you...With that amount of fish in my tank would there be any more room to put 2 bettas. I was told by the pet store that bettas get on real well with platties but there might be too many and I don't want to loose any again.javascript:emoticonp('Smile')

Are you meaning males or females? Males then NO but 1 male could work. If you mean females NO because 1 female will bully the other but you could easily have 5-6 females.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Sun 9 Jan 2011 - 23:22

Better than Betta wrote:
You know, you got me thinking on how big my triangle tank was. You are quite right the size is smaller. I asked my husband what size is my tank, he said 120 lts . I argued with him saying no its 100 because it took 10 x 10 ltr buckets of water to fill it up. So I decided to be accurate and measured it. How big did you think it was roughly? Well I calculated it and its a disappointing 70 ltrs. My bad.

Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:07

70l sounds a bit on the small side i thought it looked about 90-100l. How did you work it out? Either way its still a nice tank.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 16:11

Are you sure of your calculations? That means the bucket is 7L.
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 22:51

kizno1 wrote:70l sounds a bit on the small side i thought it looked about 90-100l. How did you work it out? Either way its still a nice tank.
Hi ya...No I thought it was 100 ltrs going by bucket size but you never fill it right up to the top of the 10ltr mark probably 7ltrs . But I got the tape measure out multiplied the length x depth x width divide by 1000 gives you the litre capacity and thats full, but you always leave 3 to 4 litrs off the top so its worst, probably only 60ltrs in the end. But thanks for your complement.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Better than Betta Mon 10 Jan 2011 - 23:01

F.Banks wrote:Are you sure of your calculations? That means the bucket is 7L.
Hi F.Banks I must have an Irish bucket. joke. No Id say your right you never fill a 10ltr right to the top, usually leaver 2-3 ltrs short. I did measure it lgthxbrthxdpth divd by 1000 came up with 70 ltrs, sounds about right to you. Blame my husband he said it was more than 100ltrs ha ha ha.
Better than Betta
Better than Betta
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by KalandraJane Tue 11 Jan 2011 - 0:15

length x height x depth is to measure the volume of a cuboid, it doesn't apply to triangular shapes.

To calculate the volume in litres:

- First find the area of the flat triangle: Multiply the length (in cm) of the front by the distance from the centre front to the point of the triangle. Divide your answer by 2, this is the area.

- Then extrude for volume: Multiply this answer by the height of the tank. This is your answer in ml, divide by 1000 as usual for litres.
KalandraJane
KalandraJane
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

https://www.facebook.com/kalandrajanedesigns

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum