Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Colour change during the drive home

5 posters

Go down

Colour change during the drive home Empty Colour change during the drive home

Post by skullobsessed Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 6:44

I went and brought a breeding tank today and i saw the most beautiful cherry red female beta Love I am not usually one for the females as most i find are very ordinary looking and just plain and boring. So i was extatic to see this one and shes plump and got the white tube under her belly and is ready to breed. Seeing as i have been doing study to give this ago she was just perfect! And when i got her home to float her, she looked like this........

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I do not like racing stripes very much on a fighter ewww - with the exception of Racie (cuz it compliments her name) now im stuck with a butt ugly fish haha I'm sure she will grow on me but what a dissapointment from rich cherry red to that..... OMG You'll never guess what, Just as i am typing this ive gone over to her new tank and found entirely something different again!

Yay Much better Surprised
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Colour change during the drive home Empty Re: Colour change during the drive home

Post by Nataliey Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 9:41

The stripes in the top photo is showing she's stressed so the hozitonal lines have disappeared in the second photo as she must feel at ease. Aww she's not ugly shes very cute Love with a little tlc her finnage will grow back in no time...thought of a name yet beginning with R looking forward to finding out what you call her. Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Colour change during the drive home Empty Re: Colour change during the drive home

Post by Luimeril Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 10:34

i'd hold off on breeding her till her fins look better, though. a little TLC, and she'll be happy and healthy in no time! it looks like she was picked on by either other females, or nippy little buttheaded fishies. fin rot could set in easy. she's still very cute, though. :3

but, yup. i remember, my two females, Lulu and Freya, were both pitch black when i saw them in the store, and on the ride home, they turned chocolate-brown. Lulu settled back in, and turned back to black, in no time, but it took Freya a few days to settle. give your new girl a few days, and she'll be cherry red in no time. :3

edit: also, maybe it's just the bag and bowl, but she looks bent. o.0
Luimeril
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 15:07

thought of a name yet beginning with R looking forward to finding out what you call her.
Her name is Ruby Smile

The stripes in the top photo is showing she's stressed so the hozitonal lines have disappeared in the second photo as she must feel at ease.
Thankyou for this little bit of info... i did not know this is how it worked Embarassed

also, maybe it's just the bag and bowl, but she looks bent. o.0
Here is another photo from just now... as you can see she is looking more cherry Smile but i have to agree she does have an odd shape. Just another thing that appealed. Being a newbie i thought it was just cuz she looked full of eggs.

How long do you think i'll have to wait before shes ready to breed?
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 15:58

Lovely name for her Smile i think id wait until her fins/tail have grown back so then you'll know she's on full form. Very Happy

What shape bowl/vase is she in i think its the roundness of the bowl thats making her look strange...i like her Love
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 16:04

What shape bowl/vase is she in i think its the roundness of the bowl thats making her look strange...
It's a pretty huge bowl... kinda've the shape of a tear drop. So yes rounded at the bottom... but she did look weirdly shaped in her little rectangle bowl back at the pet shop too. She is getting more and more red every time i take a peak. I hope i can get her back to a full set of fins thumbup
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 17:39

skullobsessed wrote:
What shape bowl/vase is she in i think its the roundness of the bowl thats making her look strange...
It's a pretty huge bowl... kinda've the shape of a tear drop. So yes rounded at the bottom... but she did look weirdly shaped in her little rectangle bowl back at the pet shop too. She is getting more and more red every time i take a peak. I hope i can get her back to a full set of fins thumbup

Im sure you will get her back with fuller finnage with lots of clean water and aquarium salt thats what iv been using Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 17:41

Im sure you will get her back with fuller finnage with lots of clean water and aquarium salt thats what iv been using
Thanks Nataliey. I have definitely got my basis covered there Smile
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 18:35

My very first girl when I got home had changed from a lovely blue to a horrid stripey brown I was so disappointed. I called her humbug. Withing hours she was beautiful again,,, I still called her humbug computerlaugh
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Wed 22 Dec 2010 - 23:25

My very first girl when I got home had changed from a lovely blue to a horrid stripey brown I was so disappointed. I called her humbug. Withing hours she was beautiful again,,, I still called her humbug
Those hideous stripes! Eek. That sounds a bit like my Racie. She's still got the original stripes but when you shine a torch on her she has a metallic blue glow Smile
skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Luimeril Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 14:25

it just means she's stressed and not feeling comfortable. my girls do it during water changes. it's funny to see Lulu go from pitch black, to light brown, then back again once she's settled in. males do it, too, i've heard, but mine never do.

i'd wait a couple weeks. in that time, get both mom and dad ready by feeding them live foods, and good pellets. :3 remember: clean, warm water, and a little aquarium salt will help her fins grow back. if you have them, add an Indian Almond leaf. if not, order them, cause they help with fin growth, and help with breeding. :3
Luimeril
Luimeril
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Pixietina Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 15:05

i had a female who stayed like that the 2 years i had her :/

my girls are all nipped but there finnage is growing back also i find feeding high protein foods helps with fin growth Smile
Pixietina
Pixietina
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Thu 23 Dec 2010 - 21:27

Luimeril wrote:it just means she's stressed and not feeling comfortable. my girls do it during water changes. it's funny to see Lulu go from pitch black, to light brown, then back again once she's settled in. males do it, too, i've heard, but mine never do.

2 of my dark males when they get stressed show their horizonal lines but iv never seen any of my others do it
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by skullobsessed Fri 24 Dec 2010 - 0:53

i had a female who stayed like that the 2 years i had her
Yeah my Racie ism't in any hurry to change either. For me me in the appearance, She's the exception for the racing stripes.

skullobsessed
skullobsessed
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down