Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Im confused now!

3 posters

Go down

Im confused now! Empty Im confused now!

Post by Nataliey Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 12:29

Remember the black female i bought last sunday...some of you said she looked very boyish then i confirmed id seen her white spot! WELL, now im not sure i did!!

Tried getting photos as close as possible can anyone really tell me what sex it is...its getting me down a little as Sen has got constant stress stripes since last sunday and i feel for her.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

What do you think please help...

This is how Sen has been looking for the past week:
As you can see the other females aren't bothered but little Sen has them as she swims down the the bottom
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Im confused now! Empty Re: Im confused now!

Post by liz2 Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 12:38

I should take the suspect one out and see if it will flare. Got a clean jar or something you can put it in. also see if the other one stops stressing whilst you are doing the flaring experiment!
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 13:02

liz2 wrote:I should take the suspect one out and see if it will flare. Got a clean jar or something you can put it in. also see if the other one stops stressing whilst you are doing the flaring experiment!

Okay, il try again in second but iv tried the mirror test all it seems to do is swim from side to side frantically looking at itself, not actually seen it flare at its self, BUT saying that when it was in the bag when i bought her i just left the bag next to my males tank...the male was flaring and going mad biting the glass and the black female had a full flare biting at the bag she was going frantic, where as the other 2 females in the bag wasnt bothered in the slightest!
This got me thinking too, so when a few members on here said she looked boyish it got me thinking again!

Sens stress stripes only started when i removed her from her previous tank with Angel and Silvia and placed them into the 21 litre hexagon tank they are in now...those 3 got placed in first then the new bettas 2nd. Maybe shes just got a grudge against the new black betta.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 13:43

Thats just unbelieveable...literally taking the black betta out Sen lost her stress stripes within minutes.

Placed betta in a glass tried looking underneath but still quite hard as she kept attacking the glass bottom (trying to get out i thing)

Did mirror test no flaring but starring and frantic swimming, just for curiosity placed glass near Hakus tank, Haku went mad but the black betta flared occasionally. Pictures cant really see:
Although she would widen her fins but still no flare!

In the event black betta made new friend, rofl
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 13:59

the black bettas new friend is adorable! I would say deffo a male....now you are in a pickle!
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:00

I have just been cleaning my coldwater fish out, they are in the kitchen.. Their filter is driving me mad it keeps slipping. Just wedged it against an ornament! made me think of kitchen I can see tiles in your piccie x

ohh what is that floating weed!
ps I am working waiting for kitchen floor to dry! Rolling Eyes
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 14:28

hmmm does look a little suspect Id keep her/him out of the females tank or buy a breeding trap so you can float her but she cant get to the others, if she was flaring and biting at the bag when she saw your male that sounds quite vigerous, sounds like you might have a male there, females will flare at males sometimes but Ive only ever had males try to "bite" when shown another male
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 11 Jun 2010 - 16:54

liz2 wrote:I have just been cleaning my coldwater fish out, they are in the kitchen.. Their filter is driving me mad it keeps slipping. Just wedged it against an ornament! made me think of kitchen I can see tiles in your piccie x

ohh what is that floating weed!
ps I am working waiting for kitchen floor to dry! Rolling Eyes

Iv got a few plants floating at the top of that tank iv got frogbit, mini water lettuce and a new floating plant i got from ebay called Phyllanthus Fluitans Red Floating Plant:
Its really pretty.

Hope you didnt have to wait too long for your floor to dry, lol!

Thanks Wilson il separate today, iv got a breeding box so that should be okay, as soon as i put the black betta back Sen got the stress stripes back. Its not being nasty to any of the others, but i have noticed Sen tries to stay away. Iv also noticed the black betta only goes into the coconut cave and none of the others do, has it made the coconut cave his/hers?

I may set up the smaller tank iv got as it'll give it more room.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down