Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

what should i do with my betta tank?

5 posters

Go down

what should i do with my betta tank? Empty what should i do with my betta tank?

Post by elliriyanna Fri 28 May 2010 - 3:58

I just today finally added my Betta Ryu into his new home a fully cycled 10 gallon. it has a nice log he loves to hide in but i have no idea what plants to add. i need something hardy and inexpensive and easily available in the US
elliriyanna
elliriyanna
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

what should i do with my betta tank? Empty Re: what should i do with my betta tank?

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 28 May 2010 - 10:16

I normally use Java Fern in my tanks, you can attach it to drift wood or buy it pre attached and its hard to kill which is vital for me because Im rubbish with plants!
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

what should i do with my betta tank? Empty Re: what should i do with my betta tank?

Post by elliriyanna Fri 28 May 2010 - 12:56

what about anarcharis?
elliriyanna
elliriyanna
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 28 May 2010 - 13:03

Java fern, moss balls and things like cabomba and anubias nana are easy and bettas love them, esp sleeping in the cabomba!
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by elliriyanna Fri 28 May 2010 - 13:11

ok that sounds good. what have you guys done with your tanks and how did it turn out?
elliriyanna
elliriyanna
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 28 May 2010 - 13:14

Personally, i'm terrible with keeping plants alive lol! so I go mainly with silk, but I love love love anubias as it's really hardy and looks great on bogwood or in the middle of some rocks. Will root itself anywhere!

People have a lot of success with vallis too, but wasn't much good with me, the plant killer Rolling Eyes
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Fri 28 May 2010 - 16:31

I kill plants too Silver lol but I can keep a Java fern alive, I find the one's pre attached to bog wood take care of themselves !
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 28 May 2010 - 16:45

Java fern is great stuff. Must get some more actually
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by elliriyanna Fri 6 Aug 2010 - 13:46

Right now I have Anacharis in the ten gallon. I have to find a store that sells java fern
elliriyanna
elliriyanna
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by LiveForSatori Tue 10 May 2011 - 6:35

I have a small plastic divided tank with two males. I put an opaque divider between the two so they'd stop slamming against the divider, and they each have a little leaf on a suction cup near the surface, but other than that I just have rocks at the bottom. how can i spruce up such a small space?

LiveForSatori
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Tue 10 May 2011 - 17:04

Is it one of little Betta tanks they sell unsuspecting people? How many gallons is the tank or the volume? There is a gallon converter from dimensions to gallons in a sticky under Housing & Decorations here.

Its best if they have at least 3gls. each, a heater to keep the temp @28C (80F), and a cycled filter. Keeping their temp constant helps the immune system. If no filter be sure to do regular water changes so the ammonia doesn't build up. At least a 50% w/c every other day & a 100% w/c once a week. Make sure to dechlorinate the water each time.

You have to leave room for them to move about. How about a picture so we an have a look.
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down