Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down!

+2
Haych
Nataliey
6 posters

Go down

Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down! Empty Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down!

Post by Nataliey Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 11:11

After worrying about Pluto since he arrived on Wednesday, Haku looks like he is now down in the dumps...not done anything different but iv noticed he's been sitting on the bottom of his tank and spending most of his time in his coconut cave. Is there anything wrong? scratch He's eating as normal so thats good...he's not swimming about like usual i hope he's not feeling left out!
Pluto has well settled in now he's swimming about and eating everything thats given to him. thumbup
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down! Empty Re: Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down!

Post by Haych Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 11:41

Thats good to hear about Pluto but dont know what to suggest for Haku.

has he got any scales missing or burns?
Haych
Haych
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down! Empty Re: Pluto feeling happy but Haku looking down!

Post by Nataliey Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 13:00

No he looks the same as ever just miserable, the only thing it might be is i changed the filter in his tank i dont think he likes it very much so hides in the coconut. Iv now turned it off and im going to get refills for my penn-plax filter that i had in before he hardly went in his coconut before.
Getting them tomorrow from pets @ home.
Pluto isnt bothered about his new filter.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 13:30

Aww hope Haku picks up hun, they do get sulky about filters sometimes, and also if there aren't many plants. Maybe get some extra silk ones from P@H and make him a little jungle corner?
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 16:27

Thanks silverrabbit i think il do that as he was very happy when i got him the frogbit. He's been out a bit today but only to go up for air though. He's just being moody! Mad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 16:39

I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with Haku. xx
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 16:40

I cant believe what a layed back betta Pluto is!! Just added 2 albino catfish to his tank (just to pick things up from the bottom) and he looked at them but no chasing and no flaring...unbelieveable affraid Keep checking and he's swimming about minding his own and they are doing their own things.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 16:42

Irish_Lass wrote:I'm hoping there is nothing wrong with Haku. xx
I hope he's just being a baby and sulking at the fact iv changed filters but he is getting his own way as im having to buy refills for my penn plax filter at the weekend. Fingers crossed its that.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Taelin Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 16:47

It sounds like that. I had to move Fidget out of his side of the tank when I got the new filter. He was sulking and clamping fins. I gave him a few days in the section beside the filter and put him back in his side again, and he's fine. Sucky baby! They're funny about change sometimes.
Taelin
Taelin
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Haych Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 18:37

My boys hate it when I change something, and Pluto is a very good boy with other inhabitants - he never bothered mine at all
Haych
Haych
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Fri 30 Apr 2010 - 22:11

Hi
There are a couple of things that spring to mind about why haku may be miserable. It could be too much flow from the new filter or if the filter media is new as well as the actual filter, it will be cycling again.
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Haych Sat 1 May 2010 - 1:16

Vandraco aka Bronzecat wrote: if the filter media is new as well as the actual filter, it will be cycling again.

hmmm... we all missed the first important thing to ask lol
Haych
Haych
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sat 1 May 2010 - 20:57

Vandraco aka Bronzecat wrote:Hi
There are a couple of things that spring to mind about why haku may be miserable. It could be too much flow from the new filter or if the filter media is new as well as the actual filter, it will be cycling again.
I think its the flow it kinda makes everything move! He couldnt really swim he was pushed to the bottom of the tank so i suppose coconut cave was shelter.
Now its been turned off he's been out today making bubble nests again, so i guess he hates the filter...although new penn-plax refills on the way and getting some more from pet @ home tomorrow. So the water will be filtered all the time.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Sat 1 May 2010 - 21:25

^good to hear he's feeing better, but yeah @ cycling. If you buy new refills for the filter, the tank will go through a cycle again so you need to test daily and do water changes when ammonia and nitrite spike (apologies if you know that already)

Maybe you can steal a bit of filter media from your other tank and fit a little bit of it in the new filter?
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sun 2 May 2010 - 13:43

Pluto's fine with his filter, going to get a plant to go a little in front of it so it doesnt power blast him ,lol!!
But he's fine, Haku busy building bubble nests again! As you can see here
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Been busy this morning...at least i know he's happy again!
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Sun 2 May 2010 - 14:00

Awww look at him! Smile I'm glad he's happier now. x
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Sun 2 May 2010 - 22:23

Cute nest Smile
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Mon 3 May 2010 - 15:51

Well filters have been changed back to the original filters bettas much happier now not being blasted from one side to the other anymore!
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Mon 3 May 2010 - 21:22

Good to hear Very Happy watch the water stats though if the refills are totally new with no cycled filter media
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down