Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Sorority

5 posters

Go down

Sorority Empty Sorority

Post by cheekysbabe Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 6:36

Hey everyone.

I have been thinking about setting up my own sorority as I have all my girls by themselves and would love to see them together. I'm looking at getting a 70L litre tank, would that be a good size or should i look at going bigger? I have 7 girls (5 small and 2 adults). I told my sister I wanted to make a sorority and she said there is a nice 25L for sale but I think it is too small for a sorority after what I have read. I love real plants so I think I'll go with them, plus lots of drift wood. I like the real look so I'll make little tunnels out of plastic pipping with gravel (works will for loachs!!).

Anyways let me now what you think.
Also, could you please post pics of your sorority's so I can get some ideas.

thanks very much cheekysbabe. :D
cheekysbabe
cheekysbabe
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Sorority Empty Re: Sorority

Post by SheenaShoup Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 7:55

hello cheekysbabe, and welcome I just wanted to let you know there are pics on betta showcase and if you go to welcomes and introductions you are sure to meet everyone! There is a poll going on actually right now, here is a link
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I had to copy the whole link on the page she has up to see her pics, but they are gorgeous. There is a lot of neat stuff here and great people, hope you can find everything, if not just ask and I or someone here will help!
As far as size goes for 7 girls I am not sure of liters vs gallons and I am still new on fish care (I just talk a lot, and read a lot) but no smaller then a 10 gallon and probably you want bigger then that so they are comfortable. Anywho, someone else will come answer soon I am sure! thumbup
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 11:09

Hi and hello1

The 70L tank you are considering will be a good size thumbup The 25L would be no use as a female sorority No
As your girls have been kept seperately, you may find that there is a fair bit of chasing and nipping when first introduced. This is normal behaviour and can carry on for a week or two. Sometimes certain females just wont get on and you may have to remove any overly dominant ones.
There are things you can do to limit the chances of this happening though. Have plenty of plants and position them so they break up the "line of site" across the tank. Almost like using the plants as natural dividers. Caves and other hidey holes are usefull to have too.

Here's a couple pictures of a 70L sorority I had. These were early pictures before the plants had really grown much.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 18:35

I love that wee coconut cave Van! Too cute. Smile
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekysbabe Mon 22 Mar 2010 - 22:29

Thank you, that helps a lot. People have been saything that they have trouble with a 10g which I think is about 75L, so I didn't now if it would work. I was thinking because I had more than 6 girls it would be better.

Would there still be room in the 70l to add more girls later? As I'm looking at getting a dragon and HM female.

thanks Jade
cheekysbabe
cheekysbabe
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Tue 23 Mar 2010 - 16:40

10g is about 40l. 75l is about 18g. in a 70l you could proberly have 8-10 females and a shoal of corys or some other catfish.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down