Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Furry zoo inmates!

4 posters

Go down

Furry zoo inmates! Empty Furry zoo inmates!

Post by Ajay Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:30

First and foremost we don't have a pic of Lola bunny. She's a black lop who Darwin found in a non-waterproof hutch in the middle of a lawn in a foot of snow.. I kid you not. After a little friendly advice to the owner we gained custody. Guess she couldn't manage or couldn't be bothered. Either way, she now lives in the warm in my old bedroom lol Darwin loves her - hasn't tried to eat her once hehe!

Explanation required: Darwin. He has many identities including Winnie, Winbest, Frogbutt, Happy werewolf, Suejohnsongob to name a few. He is supposedly a blue merle border collie but no one told him. So he's a blue, white, black, tan, pink and occasionally purple border collie. He is the best. He's angellic in the house, well behaved in the garden, a terror on the lead but oh so friendly off it. He hasn't a bad hair on him. He adores people, makes friends with every dog. Does not understand our three cats and is petrified of my tortoises!!

He is very talented. He's been known to turn a paw to DIY, filing and Christmas present wrapping...
Furry zoo inmates! Darwin096
Furry zoo inmates! SP_A0496
Furry zoo inmates! Th_Christmas030
He's all grown up now but his puppy pictures are the best Furry zoo inmates! Icon_biggrin
Furry zoo inmates! Th_SortToday027

We have three cats at present:

Freya
Furry zoo inmates! Freya
We adopted Freya and her sister Leto from the RSPCA. Leto died of a stroke last year Furry zoo inmates! Icon_sad since then Freya follows my mum around a lot and lives in her bedroom away from the werewolf.

Harry & Boo
Furry zoo inmates! HarrycatnBoo
Harry and his brother William came from the CPL. They both disappeared over Christmas about 5yrs ago. Harry came back on New Years day thin, dirty, no claws left from scratching and no voice from crying. They'd both been shut in a garage or similar while someone went on holiday... William never came back Furry zoo inmates! Icon_sad

Boo is really called Benjamin but Boo suits him better. He's a CPL cat too. He was found in a carrier bag in a skip and hand reared so he adores his humans. He fought Darwin for people-cuddles when win first joined us hehe! Boo loves to sunbathe under the tortoises heat lamp, trying to steal the gecko and hogs your sun lounger in summer! A trick he quickly taught the dog...

I'd better stop or I'll be here all night! Furry zoo inmates! Icon_biggrin
Ajay
Ajay
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Furry zoo inmates! Empty Re: Furry zoo inmates!

Post by aly_starh Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:32

hahahah lol! Smile

My cat was from CPL too, and i have an indoor rabbit aswell!
Your pets are cool!

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:35

They are all gorgeous and love the run down you give on them all lol!

You forgot to mention Darwin is nifty with a hammer too. I hope he made something nice with it Wink

It's great that you've given such a great home to all these abandoned animals. Must be very rewarding seeing them doing so well Very Happy
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:46

The CPL woman was strange.. Mum wanted ginger cats so she called the local CPL person when she saw two ginger toms advertised.. the woman said "oh you wont like these, they're orange" !! Then when we called about Boo, she said "He's ugly, his face is all twisted" it isn't - he has a black splodge on his chin that's not symmetrical - Oh no! Furry zoo inmates! Icon_eek how terrible! lol

They need more than a run down! You have to be mad to live in my house lol Mum was looking for that hammer for ages.. I very helpfully took a picture! We were building the outdoor tortoise house

Furry zoo inmates! Th_SP_A0309
There's Winnie posing infront of it lol (it has a wire mesh lid to avoid arial attack from birds

We struggle at times. Mum is looking after most of them at the moment while I'm getting set up down near Milton Keynes for my seasonal job. When I get a permanent position, reptiles are moving in with me. I'll not be in enough to have Winnie unless I live with like-minded people. I only have him as he was the runt and they were going to drown him - I brought him home to find him a new home... and he never left!!
Ajay
Ajay
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 21:58

Sounds like she didn't want to rehome any with those descriptions lol

He looks very proud of his handywork there lol And what a great idea to use lawn edging to make an enclosure. I'd never thought of that thumbup

Will be nice when you're finally settled and have all your reps with you. So do you then move back to Mum at the end of the season?
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ajay Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 22:25

Yeah, unless they make me permanent here I'll go home until something else comes along. She can't get rid of me that easily!!

The tortoise enclosure is 3ft deep, lined with pond liner with tiny drainage holes to prevent flooding/tortoise escape! then the edging is just inside the pond liner - no gap. It has two clearseal fish tanks for greenhouses/warming areas, is fully planted and has hides, terracotta saucers for baths, slates and rocky areas. It looks better in the height of summer!!
Ajay
Ajay
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Fri 26 Feb 2010 - 23:13

Your pets are lovely Smile
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sat 27 Feb 2010 - 0:00

Sounds a similar set up to mine with the plants and pots. I've tried to make hers like a little garden for her. Could like to make it bigger eventually so she has some real space to wander around in.

Ah well....boys never like to leave home. My cousin was 40 lol!
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum