Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions!

+2
aly_starh
jasminek
6 posters

Go down

I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions! Empty I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions!

Post by jasminek Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 18:30

Hey Guys! I was out at the new pet store and bought alphie to freshwater shrimp for his tank, there still acclimizing, hes making a fuss over them in the bag lol, hopefully he see's them as friends & not food!
A few shrimp questions,
Do they breed rapidly?
What do they need to be fed & how often? I've heard there to be fed live food but how would i make sure they get the food and not alphie?
Will the 2 shrimp be alright in a 21l tank?
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions! Empty Re: I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions!

Post by aly_starh Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 18:34

They 'usually' just fed off left overs, as in fish flakes etc. I'm not to sure on this but you can feed them algea wafers.
Seen as there only 2, you have a 50-50 chance of it being male and female, so just wait and see [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
IMO 21l is fine for 2 shrimp.

Bet Alphies a happy Betta today, has he done the famous swim upto the bag and grin?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions! Empty Re: I got 2 shrimp for alphies tank! A few shrimp questions!

Post by jasminek Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 18:45

Hes gone all happy, well one shrimp was on the bogwood and he was staring at it moving his mouth open and shut then he shuck his head and left him Smile hoepfully i will breed them some time :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by aly_starh Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 18:47

on a side not, just to let you know, your avatar is bit big, its covering some of what you are writing, you may need to resize it slightly.

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Mon 19 Oct 2009 - 22:15

thanks for that betta_246, done it now :D I couldnt see it covering writing, must just be because its my profile lol!
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 0:39

what sort of shrimp did you get hun - amanos or cherrys or some other sort of dwarf ?
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Tue 20 Oct 2009 - 22:24

Well the man put on the form 'freshwater shrimp' but they are clear and have a brown line down their backs so i think there amano shrimp?
Do shrimp pretend to be dead to stay safe? One of the shrimp was running around then he lay on the bottom on his side for about 15 minutes why alphie swam past him and then he got up again and ran off?
Everytime i look in the tank i think hes eaten them until they run out, alphie wouldnt murder anything hes too kind :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 18:05

amano shrimp shrimp dont breed that fast and thhere harder to sex than cherrys. you can get shrimp wafers to feed them or just feed them algea wafers but they will get scraps aswell.
:D
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal Wed 21 Oct 2009 - 22:47

If they are amanos then they won't breed in freshwater, they hatch in saltwater, i only know cause my husband has a few and wanted to breed them. He decided against it when he realized he would need three seperate tanks to breed them!
crystal
crystal
Feathertail
Feathertail

http://www.mfccustoms.synthasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by timkel Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 7:26

Sound like glass/ghost shrimp to me,do they look like this?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Ihave 5 of these living with 4 frogs in Alberts tank.They dont really take much notice of each other.
timkel
timkel
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 14:57

Yep ^ Well i cant tell too well as the pic doesnt show the shrimo in detail.
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by timkel Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 22:29

You could get away with 2 maybe 3 more in your tank,they prefer more company,but dont overstock them as they might fight.Your betta will watch and observe them,but he wont see them as food.Do you have any plants in there?Mine seem to love my silk plants but not the plastic ones lol.
timkel
timkel
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Fri 23 Oct 2009 - 21:12

I'm goign to move them both to my 80l sorority of 11 female bettas, because in their i have so mnay hideouts and silk and real plants im sure theyll prefer it. Bext week im getting 5 more shrimp i think :D
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down