Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Moss Balls?

2 posters

Go down

Moss Balls? Empty Moss Balls?

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 13:44

Do moss balls grow? Sorry for the silly question. The ones I got were two off of Ebay and they have fluffed out more and grown bit more but not really going anyway. When I went to a certain store today they had absolutely enormous ones! Like a mini football! My eyes did pop out my head I can tell you - are these specially cultivated or constructed or does it just take patience to get them like that??
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Moss Balls? Empty Re: Moss Balls?

Post by Nath J Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:02

Hmm im not sure either scratch . The ones i have had have grown a little like yours but never anything on a large scale.
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:03

I am not kidding they were around 9-10 inches in diameter! Hmm.. sorcery is afoot!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:06

🤣
I saw them to hun when I was over there. Ever seen anything like it!!!!!!!!!
Huge would be an understatement!

Mine grow but quite slowly have spilt 1 into 2 but they are nothing like those.

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:07

Glad not just me then! I am thinking now and quite tempted, but it would look pretty weird in the tank and might absorb every living thing around it!!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:10

lilacamy931 wrote:Glad not just me then! I am thinking now and quite tempted, but it would look pretty weird in the tank and might absorb every living thing around it!!

🤣 I think they look ugly personally that big. How much were they I couldn't see a price when I was there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:12

lilacamy931 wrote:I am not kidding they were around 9-10 inches in diameter! Hmm.. sorcery is afoot!
i saw these the other day too. Im trying my hardest to find the source of them as just amazing. what was their price as i didnt see a price on them? They would look awesome in a 6 foot + tank. but why have them in with their guppies? stupid thing to do since their gups tend to be carrying all sort of nasty things.
Oh and theres a listing on ebay for these but dont buy them. I had an email from a previous buyer who had purchased some and they said they are a con and if you look deep into the listing its not the gaint ones your getting at all. Sold her some of ours whilst i was at it lol

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:14

I think they were £6! Well that is what the manager said when asked but they didnt have a price up.

They did fascinate me not sure why... hmmm,,worried glance. LOL 🤣 I think it would just roll around causing absolute havok! Doh! Wish I had taken a picture I had my camera and couldve shown the monstrosities! Hmmm where could I fit one, the puff tank? Not sure they'd do good in brackish Wink

They had some with the gups and kuhli loaches and the rest blimping around in the main circular plant bit.

p.s. thanks for heads up on Ebay, not been there yet but good to know scammy, also lol congrats selling to her!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:16

£6 BARGAIN although coming from that place I'd be finding out how to get any nasty bugs/ diseases they have out of them LOL. Um I could make 5-6 smaller ones from that!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:18

Well thats what the weird manager bloke with earring said! Yeah the diseases...proably have to quarantine something like this but how? How??!!!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:18

imagine adding on of thise to a tank with large common plec in, it would destroy the tank LOL. £ not a bad price at all. if your gunna get one get it out of one of their other tanks. but i would quarantine anything that came form there as precaution, even plants.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:20

LMAO weird manager bloke, you got that to a T immediately. yes quaratining is a hard issue with something of this size if you dont trust the shop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:21

lilacamy931 wrote:I think they were £6! Well that is what the manager said when asked but they didnt have a price up.

They did fascinate me not sure why... hmmm,,worried glance. LOL 🤣 I think it would just roll around causing absolute havok! Doh! Wish I had taken a picture I had my camera and couldve shown the monstrosities! Hmmm where could I fit one, the puff tank? Not sure they'd do good in brackish Wink

They had some with the gups and kuhli loaches and the rest blimping around in the main circular plant bit.

p.s. thanks for heads up on Ebay, not been there yet but good to know scammy, also lol congrats selling to her!
Wasnt tempted by thr khuli's then?
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:24

I only ever buy equipment from there as they are dead cheap But they treat their fish so bad and most of the fish are dead. If I had the space to buy one and quarentine I might have got one but I haven't and it so isn't worth the health of my fishes LOL.

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 14 Aug 2009 - 15:26

Well he is!!! LOL. Shall I get one for funsies and for everyone to gawp at? Would quarantine and would only get from the plant display if did, now that think of it never had plants or fish from there before except gups sister has now before I had learned!

The kuhlis? Well I would love some, but first only got gravel and its the fluorescent stuff and worried they will scratch themselves, though depending how weekend pans may add sand this weekend. Second I like the banded ones! Though the blacks are cute as well. Third never ever ever ever fish from there again! EVER! They have their fighters in the breeder traps and one had fallen off the glass so fighter escaped, it was keeping out of everythings way and me and sis mentioned it, he said "yer we will sort it", 45 min later still there. I was going to dive in and do it, but I hate confrontation with people (Im a mouse rabbit )
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum