Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

House Rabbit?

3 posters

Go down

House Rabbit? Empty House Rabbit?

Post by lilacamy931 Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 16:44

Me and my partner live on a top floor flat. We have been thinking for a little while of getting a lop earred bunny. We are costing up and seeing if feasible, we have a spare bedroom not in use and the plan would be to have the hutch in their and have the room entirely for the rabbit as a play room. Allowing him free roam of the house when we are in the flat (the lounge is open plan and except for computer area would be very safe for a roaming bunny. The flats back onto Bournemouth gardens so could always take him for walks very supervised.

When I was with my rents we had a house bunny properly trained but he did have access to garden (and escaped more often than not!). I guess my question is what are other peoples views on a top floor house bunny??

We do rent and plan to ask the landlord and owner before going ahead, also plan on getting a big mat/carpet for that room for weeing incidents.
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

House Rabbit? Empty Re: House Rabbit?

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 16:59

its really depends on wether the landlord is fully aware of house wabbits. Ive a friend who used to have one and he was very well trained and didnt chew anything but she also had one previous to that that had to stay in his hutch and had a run built for him coz he would just eat anything and she didnt want a dead wabbit on her hands from electric shock. But in general they are suppose to be very easily trained with litter trays and not to chew anything. Im gunn be keeping mine in garden as i cant have it in doors with a staffy thats likely to think its lunch on legs LMAO but if i didnt have Diva then I would have a wabbit as a house wabbit.

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 17:16

Aw you have a puppydog as well? I am very jealous, we are thinking of getting him after our renewal of tenancy agreement. We will fully ask the landlord though and will of course respect his wishes if not (our agreement says no pets but he didnt mind the fish tanks and a lady downstairs has a dog). I think if we are sensible and have the idea set in place, we should be able to have our wunny. Are you going to get a lop eared wabbit???
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by timkel Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 20:17

We rescued a male and female rabbit from a rehoming place,set up a big run and hutch in the garden,but we let them out to run around the garden during the day,which they loved.Unfortunatly the male developed a tumor behind his eye and we lost him.Now we have encouraged her to come indoors,which she now does when she feels like it.She is a bit of a devil and you have to block access to any wires(she has already chewed my surround sound speaker wires and my mouse wire)you need to watch her constantly,but one good point is,she will go outside if she needs to do anything. thumbup
timkel
timkel
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 21:48

Aw sorry to hear you lost the male, the female sounds a sweetie.Going to read up more on this me thinks, thanks guys.
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sun 26 Jul 2009 - 22:06

I've heard of people training their indoor rabbits to use litter trays like cats do.
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 21:03

hmmm..this does seem like a plan, just looking into costing and maintenance (mainly making sure we wont ruin the flat) and then may face the landlord with our suggestion!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Tue 28 Jul 2009 - 23:55

I had a house rabbit years ago and while I was on the phone it suddenly went dead.......................yes the little monkey had bitten through the wire :lol!:

My next rabbit was outdoors but used to come in the kitchen alot and torment the cats Twisted Evil
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down