Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

is he depressed

4 posters

Go down

is he depressed Empty is he depressed

Post by Lexi69 Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:18

I'm confused since Mercury died Triton has not been as enthusiatic as he usually is. He's still eating and swimming round and have checked my water stats and everything is fine there. but he just isn't himself!! I'm wondering if because he is used to being next to another fish if he is feeling depressed and lonely!! Steve say fish dont think this much but I personally think they do!!

I have flame I could put next to him but he's getting old and has never like having another fish next to him (he bites his tail when in a divided tank).

Do you reckon he is depressed and needs a friend or is Steve right and they dont think that much?? sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

is he depressed Empty Re: is he depressed

Post by Netty Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:23

I think it's time for another fish :lol!: It could be because he has no neighbour anymore. You could try adding more things to his tank and maybe a small floating ball that he can play with (don't laugh....one of ours spends ages pushing the snail around the surface of the water).

I guess he's always been next to someone. Here he was inbetween a male and female.
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:25

Netty wrote:I think it's time for another fish :lol!: It could be because he has no neighbour anymore. You could try adding more things to his tank and maybe a small floating ball that he can play with (don't laugh....one of ours spends ages pushing the snail around the surface of the water).

I guess he's always been next to someone. Here he was inbetween a male and female.

That was my thought!! Joshie and Lexi on a shopping trip!! someone mentioned an LFS in manchester but cant remember what they said it was called!! Question sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 13:28

Sorry....no idea what you have in your neck of the woods!!!
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 16:52

Alaska got depressed when I moved him out of his home into another without his corys. So I had to move the corys around so he had them back to chase LOL. He's back to normal now.

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 18:04

Aw bless him! Surely you dont need any more reasons to shop for a betta! I have a pingpong ball in the tank but Calci wraps himself on it rather than nudges..hmm could put a ramshorn in....

Hope your sweetie perks up soon.
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Etcetera Fri 24 Jul 2009 - 19:29

Could just be understimulation. Having the fish next door was probably a source of a lot of stimulation, possibly even stress at times. I keep a bunch of random colorful objects outside my tanks that I change around every couple of days, they seem to enjoy studying the shapes and the colors of different objects. Ping pong balls are another good idea, but my fish don't really respond to the color white, so the pingpong ball just gets treated as something to build a nest around, lol. They have a strange affinty for dark blue marbles, though! Ti and Liv will even chase a laser pointer.

Etcetera
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum