Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

I'm gutted

+2
Nath J
Lexi69
6 posters

Go down

I'm gutted Empty I'm gutted

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 14:37

got up this morning and went to feed my boys, both were swimming around happily and mercury had built his first ever bubblenest. Fed them both I always try them with a pellet after giving them the micro pellets I have. Normally they grab them and then drop them having about 5 mins of chasing them until I have to fish them out because they get bored. this morning mercury swam straight up and ate it it and swam away chewing.

Have just gone back to the tank to have a nosy at them and mercury is dead have got him out of the tank and looked at him because couldn't figure out why and he had the pellet in his mouth! he must of got it stuck and what I thought was chewing was him trying to spit it out!! crying crying I feel so guilty I should have noticed he couldn't get it out of his mouth. He was so happy and I've managed to kill him!! Have thrown the pellets in the bin never using them again!!! crying crying
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

I'm gutted Empty Re: I'm gutted

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 14:41

OMG Thats scary my baby girl from Daz choked on her pellet and died a few days ago.I didn't realise she needed crushed pellets. I'm so so sorry. crying crying

You haven't killed him sweetie these things happen. I 'm so so sorry for your lose though it's heartbreaking :hug:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 14:42

So so sorry for your loss, happened to me once with one of my goldfish. Its so sad to see them die when they were so happy. Sad
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 14:44

he could have just had a heart attack , was speaking to a breeder in thailand a couple of days ago about some of my sudden deaths and he said it's quite common for the more fancier betta to die of a sudden death due to the inbreeding thats involved in creating the fancier tail types

yours could have choked but i doubt it if he's an adult sized betta cos the girls in my community tank eat the huge cichlid pellets without any probs

might just be a coincidence

hopefully not total bull shite cos he did sound like he knew what he was talking about

sorry for your loss hun
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nath J Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 14:44

yeahh dont beat yourself up, these things happen, i know you were only trying to improve their lives by giving them a mixed diet, how were you to no they were too big. its not your fault.
Nath J
Nath J
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:29

pippoodle wrote:he could have just had a heart attack , was speaking to a breeder in thailand a couple of days ago about some of my sudden deaths and he said it's quite common for the more fancier betta to die of a sudden death due to the inbreeding thats involved in creating the fancier tail types

yours could have choked but i doubt it if he's an adult sized betta cos the girls in my community tank eat the huge cichlid pellets without any probs

might just be a coincidence

hopefully not total bull shite cos he did sound like he knew what he was talking about

sorry for your loss hun

He isn't fully adult sized he's only about 5 months old I think!! crying I was giving them the pellets to have a try with everyday for when they get bigger and thats what I would of been feeding! Going to stick with the microgranules and live food for now!! Sad
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by babyd Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:33

so sorry to hear this, sending you big hugs
babyd
babyd
Crowntail
Crowntail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:44

easily done i did it the other month too. makes you feel like crap tbh so i feel for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:48

Blimmin eck........ No He was eating Atissons betta pro with us, had been for a while.
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:54

Modaz wrote:easily done i did it the other month too. makes you feel like crap tbh so i feel for you.

That I agree with I feel like ***** it would be easier if he had been ill rather than it being my fault. I'm going to stick with the microgranules they are tiny and easily eaten!! Poor mercury sorry boy!! Sad
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 15:56

Vandraco aka Bronzecat wrote:Blimmin eck........ No He was eating Atissons betta pro with us, had been for a while.

I've had king british betta pellets and I think they were bigger as when I first tried them neither could eat them so went to try and get hikari or Atissons as I know thats what they were on but my LFS didn't sell them so got microgranules instead!
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:06

Just for future reference Lexi I got advised by Netty the Hikari can be quite large also. I get my atisons from [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] if you want the pro they will get that for you also. They are super fast at dispatch and I normally get mine next day.

Edited to Add I found these people on Ebay and was super impressed I don't have anything to do with them myself just saying they are the best supplier I've found

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:17

Thanks Mel will order some of that! not going to risk the hikari if that can be big aswell am going for the smallest food I can!! thumbup
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:19

Lexi69 wrote:Thanks Mel will order some of that! not going to risk the hikari if that can be big aswell am going for the smallest food I can!! thumbup

Yes I learnt that mistake with my little girl from Daz. With the Atisons for the smaller fish I pick out the smaller pellets LOL. but most of them are small anyway.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:21

If i even thought this was a posibility i would have said, sorry No
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:38

OMG.....I'm so sorry Lexi Sad Sad But try not to blame yourself......these things happen!!! It's just one of those horrible things that you can't always predict.

Big hugs :hug:
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Tue 21 Jul 2009 - 16:40

Vandraco aka Bronzecat wrote:If i even thought this was a posibility i would have said, sorry No

Its not your fault Van!! I've never had any trouble with one choking before I think its just one of those things you can eat food for years and one day it just go down the wrong way and you choke. I've nearly killed myself eating an apple before on the last bite it just got stuck and had to have the hymelic (sp) manoever (sp) went purple and everything but never had the problem before or since!! sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum