Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Miracle gro for anacharis

Go down

Miracle gro for anacharis Empty Miracle gro for anacharis

Post by Shortstakes Sat 9 Jun 2012 - 11:38

I've read and have been told that it's a bad idea to use miracle gro liquid plant food for any aquarium plants. There were warnings about it being harmful for the fish and plant. But I wanted to see for myself what would happen if i added miracle gro to my tank. So I set up two ten gallon aquariums while waiting for my Anacharis to arrive. The conditions in both tanks were the same. I ordered 20 Anacharis from ebay.

I cut ten of the anacharis down to the same size and secured them individually to pebbles from my yard. Five single Anacharis in each tank. Tank one housed my goldfish Ditzy and tank two housed my other goldfish Doedoe. Tank two was the tank I added some Miracle gro in the same day I put the plants into the tank. I did not add anymore afterwards. In about 3 weeks time the plants in both tanks grew to the size they originally were when I purchased them. The only difference I noticed was that the ones in tank two were much greener and stronger than the ones in tank one.

And both of my Goldfishes are fine and healthy. They as well as my bettas, guppies, and corries enjoy swimming around in the Anacharis and none of them seem to be affected by the 2 ml of miracle grow I've added to their tanks.
Shortstakes
Shortstakes
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum