Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

An absence, and rescues.

2 posters

Go down

An absence, and rescues.  Empty An absence, and rescues.

Post by KalandraJane Mon 5 Sep 2011 - 23:31

Hello all, I have been away for a while but am ready to come back I think!

After the huge probable columnaris attack my tanks had a couple of months ago, I have just been letting them sit, looking after the stock I had and not bought any new fish. I lost five male bettas and several corys to the disease, then Flash and Dale my two ADFs in the uncontaminated tank died too, probably of old age. As some of you know, it's really not been a good few months.

From the contaminated divided tank I only have Sausage, my little platinum pink HMPK left, the suspected disease carrier Eric who is in his own tank, and Rusty my HMPK dragon whose tank was thankfully never affected by the disease.

I'm pretty sure the disease has gone now, the big divided tank has been stripped and treated with Myxazin and anti internal bacteria then left to resettle over weeks. I got a little shoal of baby pygmy corys a few weeks back who are flourishing and growing, a golden apple snail who is laying eggs all over the place and this weekend I got two little rescue male bettas from my lfs, who are both doing really well so far. One is a little black PK who has obviously had most of his tail bitten off and has regrown leaving a pink scar on his caudal peduncle, the other is a crowntail (I think) who is copper-black with yellow fins, very shredded but already showing regrowth. They're both feeding and showing lots of interest in me! Will put pictures up soon, once I've had them a week or so.
KalandraJane
KalandraJane
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

https://www.facebook.com/kalandrajanedesigns

Back to top Go down

An absence, and rescues.  Empty Re: An absence, and rescues.

Post by liz2 Thu 8 Sep 2011 - 9:57

Hello and sorry you have had problems, but sounds like you are on the upward road now, fingers crossed.
I rescued a little girl last week but unfortunately she didnt make it. I spoke to bloke in shop and he said we had had her quite a while and she was ok...just not in mood to argue. look forward to photos when they have settled x
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by KalandraJane Sun 11 Sep 2011 - 18:35

That's rubbish for you. 'Fine' is not the same as 'not dead yet', some of these fish shops need to realise this. The shop my boys came from never gets rid of the battered ones but keeps them in the betta barracks until their fins recover, but in the meantime they can sustain more damage as the way their filtration system is badly designed and sometimes allows smaller ones to slip between the divider and attack each other Sad

Both my little fellas are doing fine anyway, the plakat didn't have too much damage anyway, but the crowntail has put loads of regrowth on in the last week and both are friendly and active. Will get some pictures!
KalandraJane
KalandraJane
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by KalandraJane Thu 15 Sep 2011 - 2:34

Here they are! These pics were taken in the first few days after I got the boys. First is Lionel... he's a very stressy fish, his black colour just drains as soon as he spies something unfamiliar, such as the camera. As you can see he has a little overgrown edge to his tail, I think at some point he had a lump missing right down to the peduncle as he has a scar there. He's very small too.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Next is the unnamed crowntail... his body is acopper/black and fins are yellowish with blue shimmer to the rays.

His damage doesn't look too bad in the above picture, but this one in profile shows the true extent of it, and where he's had previous damage and the tail has grown back with a kink. He's putting on regrowth quickly, looking good.

KalandraJane
KalandraJane
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down