Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation.

2 posters

Go down

Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation. Empty Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation.

Post by kimmy2100 Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 15:24

Hi. I have 3 bettas. 2 are in a 10 gallon tank with a divider and 1 is in a 10 gallon by himself. I have bought the 7 day feeding blocks for when I was on a week vacation but when I came back only one of the feeders was gone. It looked like the other fish did not use them. There was a lot of food left on the feeders. My mom did feed them some during that week though. My family reunion is for 2 weeks. My mom is going to go back home for a day after 1 week so she could feed them then but then she would be leaving again. I am just not sure what I should do. I am not sure if they are eating off of the feeding blocks. I could bring them with me and put them in smaller containers (1 gallon)but I think that would stress them out since they are used to having lots of space. I could even bring the aquariums with me but that would be kind of a hassle to take all the water out and set them up again. I don't really have anyone to stop by and feed them. What do you think I should do? Thanks.

kimmy2100
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation. Empty Re: Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation.

Post by Nataliey Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 16:05

Hi there, iv never been away longer than a week, first time i went away and left them i used the 7 day block things and most of my bettas didnt bother with them.

So when i go away i generally feed them up and not feeding for a week is fine, if your mom is going to be back for 1 day after the first week id get her to feed them that day a little more than they'd usually get and the 2nd week they should be fine.

I wouldnt take them with you as like you said this may stress them out.

I hope you a lovely family reunion without the worry of leaving your bettas, they will be fine. Smile
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation. Empty Re: Do bettas know how to feed off of feeding blocks? Going on vacation.

Post by kimmy2100 Thu 23 Jun 2011 - 16:17

Thanks Very Happy

kimmy2100
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum