Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Mystery

4 posters

Go down

Mystery Empty Mystery

Post by Nataliey Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 9:11

This morning after turning on the lights in my sorority i noticed my CT female has a chunk missing out her face/head and my copper female is dead...the bite definately looks like a betta bite and the copper female also had a bite out her side also the size of a betta mouth, so my BN's are out the question.

This has got me down as the female had been planned to spawn with one of her sons!

There's been no new females in the tank for a good while so what could've triggered this attack? As they've been getting on just fine.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Mystery Empty Re: Mystery

Post by 2tall Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 16:37

I don't know for sure Nataley. I guessing they can turn anytime maybe? I'm sorry
this happened and hope there are no further issues.
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Fri 3 Jun 2011 - 19:11

Awww that's so sad Nat'. Sad
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sat 4 Jun 2011 - 21:09

Thanks guys, no issues since, just a sad betta mummy...im disappointed in my betta children...girls will be girls! Evil or Very Mad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Sat 4 Jun 2011 - 22:08

I know....we're so careful with the boys (for obvious reasons) but the girls are as bad sometimes!
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Sun 5 Jun 2011 - 22:21

I am so sorry...I just don't trust the girls! They can be aggressive and jumpy! Last week my tiniest little blue girl was being cleaned out. I put her in a small plastic pot. She didn't have to stay in there long as the water was nicely conditioned for her. I covered the pot with a cardboard tablet box (empty..ready to be recycled). I then saw a leaf on the floor and it moved! It was her, she had knocked the box just a little and jumped out! She is none the worse for her adventure!
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Sun 5 Jun 2011 - 22:24

they are very devious the girls arent they, im glad your little girl was okay after her adventure!

BUT since writing this thread there's been trouble again!...i really dont know whats wrong with my girls right now as my CT girl that its nose biten has now had her side biten i noticed last night and meth blue bathed her and tonight when i got back from Oulton Park i noticed that 2 other girls are hurt and the culprit i thought was doing it has also been ripped up on her anal fin and my white girl has damage to her side also.

They've been very nippy this past week, but i think its because my female numbers have reduced a little usually have around 15 but at the moment i only have 10 due to breeding atempts!
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 6:32

liz2 wrote:I am so sorry...I just don't trust the girls! They can be aggressive and jumpy! Last week my tiniest little blue girl was being cleaned out. I put her in a small plastic pot. She didn't have to stay in there long as the water was nicely conditioned for her. I covered the pot with a cardboard tablet box (empty..ready to be recycled). I then saw a leaf on the floor and it moved! It was her, she had knocked the box just a little and jumped out! She is none the worse for her adventure!
You take all the precautions that come to mind and they still find a way around it. Out smarted by a fish!
I'm glad you caught it and her so she still safe for the moment. Better keep a keen eye on that one!
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by 2tall Mon 6 Jun 2011 - 6:39

Nataliey wrote:they are very devious the girls arent they, im glad your little girl was okay after her adventure!

BUT since writing this thread there's been trouble again!...i really dont know whats wrong with my girls right now as my CT girl that its nose biten has now had her side biten i noticed last night and meth blue bathed her and tonight when i got back from Oulton Park i noticed that 2 other girls are hurt and the culprit i thought was doing it has also been ripped up on her anal fin and my white girl has damage to her side also.

They've been very nippy this past week, but i think its because my female numbers have reduced a little usually have around 15 but at the moment i only have 10 due to breeding atempts!
I think you have more than one culprit and hope they can sort out the pecking order before more damage is done.
2tall
2tall
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum