Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

I dont know what is wrong! *more mollies have died

+5
SheenaShoup
kizno1
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
flip
Nataliey
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I dont know what is wrong! *more mollies have died - Page 2 Empty Re: I dont know what is wrong! *more mollies have died

Post by Nataliey Tue 11 May 2010 - 13:41

Thanks again now i know what i need to do Very Happy il update in a couple of weeks to let you know how im going with it.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

I dont know what is wrong! *more mollies have died - Page 2 Empty Re: I dont know what is wrong! *more mollies have died

Post by kizno1 Tue 11 May 2010 - 17:36

I personally would put another filter in there aswell. i have just put a 3 plus in my 65L and i wouldnt want to put it in a much bigger tank. it only does 700lph and i aim for a 10X turn over so i personally woulnt use it in anythink over a 70l. If i where you i would add another filters that does 300 lph to give you 1000lph which is just over 10X turnover and having 2 filters at difrent ends of the tank should hel with water movment
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 11 May 2010 - 19:45

Thanks Kiz but im afraid things have gone bad to worse the mollies are dropping like flies...they are fine swimming about then suddenly dropping to the bottom of the tank lifeless.
Its really getting me down and with the tank being in my livingroom i just keep looking at it!
Cant bare seeing the fish die anymore iv turned their light off until the morning. So fed up Sad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Tue 11 May 2010 - 19:49

I would do a massive water change. I get it might be a little upsetting but dont just leave the dead ones or they will break down in the water making more ammonia.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 11 May 2010 - 19:53

I did a 50% water change on sunday and thats probably what upset them, so not going to do another yet, also iv been fishing dead fish out all day! Not left them in there thats sick
Fished 17 out this morning and a few this afternoon and 4 before. Il check before bed if i need to fish anymore out. Sad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Tue 11 May 2010 - 19:56

I would still do another if theres still ammonia. Sorry to hear about all the fry dieing. What was your stocking?
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Tue 11 May 2010 - 22:23

I did tests today the results are further up the page. They are mainly mollies in the tank, but i do have neons and corys who havent died from whatever it is killing the mollies
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by OceanMaria Wed 12 May 2010 - 10:51

I'm sorry for what your going thru that would be so devastating. hug

I hope things are better today!
OceanMaria
OceanMaria
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 12 May 2010 - 14:30

@oceanmaria - thank you, at least 25 babies died yesterday only 4 what i could see that i fished out this morning Sad
But iv noticed they are doing weird swimming things and bumping into things like they dont see them, some ate the flakes last night. Im finding it quite weird too that only the mollies are dying and not the corys or the neons.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 12 May 2010 - 18:23

Just fished all the dead mollies out about half an hour ago, taken the plants out and some of the ornaments in there. Left in the moss balls and the volcano. Iv just counted that there are only 7 mollies left out of about 30 babies and 9 adults. Not very happy at all. Sad
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Taelin Wed 12 May 2010 - 18:33

That's terrible! I'm sorry you're having such terrible luck! I wish I could suggest something to try. hug
Taelin
Taelin
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 12 May 2010 - 21:53

Down to 6 now, they are totally losing the will to live now and im getting depressed about it...i hate looking over to see if anymore have died Sad
Going to move my corys and neons into a different tank as they havent been affected at all. Where as the mollies are bumping into things like they cant see them and sitting on the bottom, iv also noticed they'll stop and start wiggling really fast side to side!
Thanks for the hugs Taelin i need it right now, so fed up!
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Taelin Wed 12 May 2010 - 21:54

hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug hug

could it be a bacterial infection?
Taelin
Taelin
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Nataliey Wed 12 May 2010 - 22:02

Thank you feeling a little better now Smile
Its something to do with the filter i think, as its a new one and hasnt cycled and i didnt have any old media to put in this new filter as i was only replacing the other filter as it was sucking all my fish up (it was only 2 weeks old when i replaced it with present filter).
Also my nitrAtes are pretty high as you can see from the results above.
If everything dies in there im going to totally clean it all out, fill it and cycle then slowly add female bettas this time rather than normal community fish.
Nataliey
Nataliey
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2