Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Help me tell my sister!! PLEASE!!!!

+2
SheenaShoup
cheekysbabe
6 posters

Go down

Help me tell my sister!!  PLEASE!!!! Empty Help me tell my sister!! PLEASE!!!!

Post by cheekysbabe Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 1:47

Hey everyone.

My sister has 7 girls in a tank. Now she wonts to put them in her 80L with Angles. I have told her that this will not work. But she told me to get on here and she what everyone on here has to say. She keeps asking but why not. I love them both. I told her its one or the other. Please help me to tell her.

If I am wrong please let me now.

Jade.
cheekysbabe
cheekysbabe
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Help me tell my sister!!  PLEASE!!!! Empty Re: Help me tell my sister!! PLEASE!!!!

Post by SheenaShoup Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 1:57

I think you are right, I wouldn't put the two together! Aren't Angels mean like the betta? affraid
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Help me tell my sister!!  PLEASE!!!! Empty Re: Help me tell my sister!! PLEASE!!!!

Post by silverrabbit Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 2:00

It's very possible that the bettas will nip at the angels' flowy fin bits. Angels aren't very fast and wouldn't be able to get away if bullied, so they'd likely die from stress.

That's my opinion anyway. I've had both angels and female bettas and can't see the personalities mixing well.
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfishy Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 2:22

the bettas may get pissy and nip the flowing fins of the angels thinking they are males bettas. the angels WILL eventualy get bigger and tired of the bettas antics and rip them to bits and eat them. bettas size wise are only a bit bigger then the tetras that are angles natural food source. it may seem ok for a while. eventualy will end up with somebody getting eaten.
Newfishy
Newfishy

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekysbabe Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 9:46

Thanks everyone. I hope she believes me now. Why dont older sisters believe the younger ones???!!!
cheekysbabe
cheekysbabe
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 10:45

Because they have lived longer, therefore must know more... At least that what my sis would say, she's older- we play tag on who acts older lolol
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 11:15

Yep, you can tell her that there is a high probability that the male will have his fins destroyed by the females Evil or Very Mad Also, the male and females will be under constant stress likely to lead to a lowered immune system, which can cause disease to set in. Depending on the severity of the disease she may, and it is possible, lose all the fish Evil or Very Mad
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cheekysbabe Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 11:52

Thanks everyone. Female bettas and angles dont get a long.... cool!!! Now she has to choose.
cheekysbabe
cheekysbabe
Plakat
Plakat

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 16:12

yh ive tried it before and it really doesnt work no matter what personality the fish are. if the angels are peacfull then the bettas will nipp them and if the angels are agressive they they will batter the bettas. one of my angels bullies the others in the tank shes not that agressive but just spitefull and nipps at there eyes and gills.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Sun 11 Apr 2010 - 0:28

Hope your sis listened, so much better to be cautious
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum