Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Any substance in flake food?

3 posters

Go down

Any substance in flake food? Empty Any substance in flake food?

Post by Irish_Lass Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 14:47

Ok, so I had ordered some silk plants off eBay last week. The lassie was a wee bit late in getting them out so by way of an apology she sent me a tub of TetraMin flake food "complete food for all tropical fish" apparently. Smile

I have a betta, rummy nose tetras and some corydoras catfish in my 9g. Would it be pointless to feed them these flakes?

And another question!
I am currently hand feeding Smurf his pellets, always have, but I've noticed him getting chubbier so while I haven't caught him he must be eating the catfish pellets (also for mid swimmers like the rummynose etc.) Is it something to be concerned about?
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Any substance in flake food? Empty Re: Any substance in flake food?

Post by kizno1 Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 14:55

the flake will befine for the tetra and corys but carryu on with the pellets for the betta.is he that fat that hes struggling to swim or is he just getting a little bigger? try spreading the catfish pellets out so he can eat them all. what type of pellets are the catfish ones? what do you feed the tetra now? try adding few peas it will help the betta if he bloated and corys love them and the tetra might nipp at it.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 15:00

Smurf is still as active as he's always been. Its just that I now notice a bit of a tummy. He doesn't seem to be bloated. I've tried him with a bit of pea on and off but he's never been interested. I'll continue to try him.

I have JMC Catfish pellets and TetraPrima Complete Food. I switch them around so I'm not feeding the same all the time. The rummy nose love the TetraPrima. The cory' seem to prefer the JMC Catfish pellets but I reckon they'd eat anything. Wink

The rummy nose don't often come to the top which is why I wondered if there would be any point offering them flakes.
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 15:06

did you deshell the pea and boil it first?
ive never used to jmc pellets so cant say. some algea wafers might work aswell because there quite hard and big so the betta wont be able to eat all of them but the corys will be able to suck off little bits. yh corys will eat anythink that falls to the bottom. all i can say is try the flakes and see how it goes the tetras should eat it all mine do. it will fall down in the water after a while or when it hits the filter current so evan if the dont go to the top the will get some to them and the corys will hover up what ever hits the floor.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish_Lass Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 15:08

Yep, boiled the pea and deshelled it. Only put in a tiny wee bit too. He just wasn't a fan....maybe he'll change his mind.

Thanks kiz!
Irish_Lass
Irish_Lass

Back to top Go down

Post by kizno1 Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 15:11

thats wierd mine love them in my 30g i have to put in about 5 peas ( 10 halfs) or the angels will eat them all. my corys and all the other cats love them aswell. glad i could help :] but yh i would try the flake and see what happnce.
kizno1
kizno1

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Sat 13 Mar 2010 - 15:43

Irish Lass, just wanted to let you know the flakes fall pretty fast, I feed the guppies flakes and bloodworms as a treat. as soon as the flakes hit that current they start falling. I was worried and watching cause the three neons don't go to the top much and the fancy guppies are just little piggies. But it seems to all work out. Smile
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum