Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

For those that have community tanks..

4 posters

Go down

For those that have community tanks.. Empty For those that have community tanks..

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 19:32

what would you recommend?
Found a tetra with greyish dullness and seemingly skinny as follows:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Worried as my cube tank I lost a couple of cories and have been treating with sterazin and with the treatment touch wood all seems well and dandy. But I really worry about cross contamination, I have tried to limit it where possible but with the turnup of this skinny tetra wonder if I should be treating my community with internal parasite/bacterial or wormer to be on the safe side or if doing my usual and being a worry wort. I have had the tetras ohhh 6-8 months and not sure how old they were when I got them. Out of the shoal of 10, one is dull and instantly recognisable as being off. Some are slimline and some fatter (presuming females with eggs). Sorry to be such a worrywort!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

For those that have community tanks.. Empty Re: For those that have community tanks..

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 20:08

Hi
General dullness can be a sign of an internal infection in most fishes. With the Neon it could be Neon tetra disease, which unfortunately is not treatable.

I have had a similar recent experience with my Pearl danios. They lose colour, go skinny and die. Everything else in the tank is fine.
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

For those that have community tanks.. Empty Re: For those that have community tanks..

Post by lilacamy931 Fri 5 Mar 2010 - 20:17

Did you treat your tank Van? I have the ill tetra in a net at the moment trying to decide what to do but of course dont want to keep him there and stress him out, Shall I release him and just hope for the best? Did you lose many pearl danios Sad

EDITED: Scrap that, just seen some piccies of NTD and the cloudiness and skinniess does look like him, he has been isolated away from the others but will now need to scrutinise the others and see how they look in the morning. Perhaps should isolate all the neons Suspect or being irrational even though nothing to treat NTD. The tank has glass cats, cories and bn and pearl gourami..these dont seem to appear on the list of falling suspect to the illness but then again..

Having so much bad luck at the moment with fishies even though the water stats are spot on! My last betta Xippy though is the one that is doing fantastically!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 20:40

sorry your fish aren't well Sad hope it doesn't spread
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 21:39

Thanks honbun.

Can I ask peeps, going to be quaranting the 9 neons (ill neon on his own). I need to check the 10g over for cracks but if it isnt ok would a 5g do with heavy filtration for hospitilisation purposes?/?
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by silverrabbit Sat 6 Mar 2010 - 21:49

For me personally I think for hospitalisation it would be fine.
silverrabbit
silverrabbit

Back to top Go down

Post by SheenaShoup Sun 7 Mar 2010 - 2:25

Hope the little one makes it. littleangel
SheenaShoup
SheenaShoup
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 10:35

Hey guys a rather late update on this. The neon went for a good further 5 days with no signs of recovery and wasnt eating, swimming on his side and the last 2 days just fluttering on his side in a corner. I gave him a good chance I felt but decided it was kinder to euthanise him. The other 9 were immediately quaranteened so could keep a much keener eye on them and they have been fine, no symptoms or anything (as really did dread Neon Tetra Disease), it is coming up to 4 weeks in quaranteen now, would you reckon safe to place back into the community?
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 13:22

Hi
If they are all looking ok after 4 weeks, then I would have thought they are clear Very Happy
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Wed 24 Mar 2010 - 13:30

Thanks van! thumbup Thought that might be the case but can never be sure. Think will see will transfer them back in at the weekend to give those few extra days x
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum