Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Horrible accident

+6
Wilsonnw8
jasminek
tropical girl
lilacamy931
Rezz
Lairewen
10 posters

Go down

Horrible accident Empty Horrible accident

Post by Lairewen Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 4:21

I can't stop crying I slipped cleaning a fish out... still unnamed... and I dropped.. in the sink and I lost him. I feel so sick... I killed him. I can't do anything. I'm unfit to keep fish... so sorry so sorry so sorry.
Lairewen
Lairewen
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Horrible accident Empty Re: Horrible accident

Post by Rezz Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 6:53

Awww, that must of been so traumatic! U'm sorry for your loss, it's unfortunate but not your fault, please don't blame yourself, it could happen to the best of us Sad

-Rezz
Rezz
Rezz
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 8:59

Aw hon, these things happen, take a step back though and give yourself some TLC, you are great with fishand these things do happen. As Rezz says it could have happened to anyone
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by tropical girl Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 9:10

hey dont be so hard on yourself,
you didnt do it on purpose
things happen ok [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
tropical girl
tropical girl
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 9:18

Don't blame yourself, its not your fault. Sometimes these things happen, you have to keep telling yourself that.
*Hugs*
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilsonnw8 Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 10:57

Im sorry hun but you cant blame yourself it was an accident, its not like you did it on purpose
Wilsonnw8
Wilsonnw8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairewen Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:45

Thanks all... it just happened so fast. I'm what-iffing all over the place. I just feel I could have so easily prevented it and feel incredibly discouraged. This comes on top of the loss of Duilin, the very sudden death of Melian and the disaster in my community tank. I feel like all I do is kill fish, despite trying *so* hard.

I know I sound like a moaning minnie right now. Sorry. Maybev I'll just downsize until I get my confidence back.
Lairewen
Lairewen
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 13:54

hug hug

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 14:26

Aw hon, I think at some point we have all been there..I felt really bad when I lost my cory fry, Rude and lamps all in a short amount of time but it doesnt seem so bad anymore. Hold in there, if you feel having fewer tanks may be better do try as you can always set more up (plus you aint a moaning minnie) just need some TLC xxxTake it easy xxxxx
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 19:43

So sorry Lairewen but don't blame yourself. One of my first girls I bred jumped the tank without me noticing and I stood on her. I felt the same way as you, but these things happen sometimes. It's no reflection at all on your fish keeping abilities hug
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by crystal Sun 22 Nov 2009 - 21:05

Awww dont worry, it was an accident hug

I know the feeling, but it happens to everyone at some point. I've had a real bad run of luck just lately with two of my tanks and have lost nearly all my girls but you've got to keep going for the ones that are left x x
crystal
crystal
Feathertail
Feathertail

http://www.mfccustoms.synthasite.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairewen Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 1:36

Thanks everyone. Your replies really helped. I still feel sick thinking about watching those red fins vanishing down the plughole. I know it's unlikely, but I hope somehow he survived it.

This might sound stupid but... I never named him, but I'd been toying with the name Thingol. In Tolkien, Melian was his wife and it all went wrong for him after she vanished. Seems fitting.

I am feeling a bit more rational today... last night I was ready to rehome all the others and call it a day. It's still a struggle, as I still have problems with some of the others. I wish I knew what was going on.

The last time I felt like this I was having a bad timee with my archery. It took me three years to go back to it. But I know a bow is a lot easier to set aside than living creatures, so I will try to work through it.

Thanks again... I am glad I could vent here, most people could never understand why anyone would be upset over a fish.
Lairewen
Lairewen
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Netty Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 2:02

The thing is that Bettas are so different from other fish. You really form a bond with them, so it's only natural to feel upset when you lose them.

Just put all your attention on your other guys and fingers crossed that things start improving for you

Very Happy
Netty
Netty
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfishy Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 2:33

dont blame yourself. let me tell you all the ways I have accidently killed fish...I dropped a platty down the sink once, ran outside and sloshed around the gray water gully way behind the house. he was alive but was never quite right after that. I dropped another fish down my sisters sink when helping with her tanks. I sucked my best female hm mustard gas up with a syphon and ripped her to bits, same thing with a 4 week old fry.

you are not to blame, sometimes accidents just happen, dont be too hard on your self.
Newfishy
Newfishy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rezz Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 6:46

Eugh, don't talk to me about syphoning, I'm a wreck every time I have to syphon Cosmo's tank, the curious bugger always wants to have a look and the amount of times I've thought I was gonna suck him up *faints*
Rezz
Rezz
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Mon 23 Nov 2009 - 23:24

Oh honey =( don't blame yourself. As everyone else has said, it happens to the best of us. I left the lid of my red-tail black shark's tank back in September and she jumped. Didn't find her till she had dried out. I cried all night but you just need to remember that these things do happen and we can still be good parents to our boys and girls.

I've had an awful couple of months for fish so I totally know what you mean about it knocking your confidence (lost Orion, Ffinsan, Fenrir, several neon tetras, one of my favourite corys, Rei, Lilith, KT, 5 un-named females . . .) We've got them though so all we can do is love them and take care of them. Bad things do happen but don't give up!

I love the name for him. I think naming him is a great idea. I named Fenrir as he was dying, because it was such a shame for such a beautiful, wonderful boy to die name-less.
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum