Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10!

4 posters

Go down

HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10! Empty HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10!

Post by jasminek Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:20

HI GUYS! SO SORRY TO RANDOMLY SAY THIS BUT I'VE JST TOOK ALL FEMALES OUT THE SORORITY WHY I DO A CHANGE AROUND AND MY HEAD COUNT HAS COME TO 10, IVE COUTNED THEM ALL 5 TIMES ONYL 10 OF THEM, AND ITS JUST WATER AND NOTHING ELSE IN THEIR TUB SO I HAVENT MISSED ANY. SHES NOT IN THE TANK I'VE LOOKED EVERYWHERE, ITS VIOLET ONE OF MY LITTLE ONES! NOW THINKING ABOUT IT I HAVENT SEEN HER FOR A WHILE BUT IM SO WORRIED! WHAT IF SHE WAS EATEN ALIVE OR DIED BECAUSE SHE JUMPED OUT ONE DAY?! IM SO WORRIED AND UPSET IVE LOOKED EVERYWHERE! ;'(
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10! Empty Re: HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10!

Post by aly_starh Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:28

is there any caves?

Or try right at the bottom of plants, like where the roots are Smile
hope you find her soon

aly_starh
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10! Empty Re: HELP! I CANT FIND ONE OF MY FEMALES, ONLY 10!

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:28

Check inside the filter?

Also, where is the filter now? Its got to stay wet in tank water otherwise the bacteria will die.
I think i mentioned on another thread that changing things around too often means the fish wont settle down. This means, every time you change the girls tank you are upsetting the pecking order again, which will lead to more bullying:(
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:34

no, the only things im changing is the heater and filter, im movign the heater nearer to the right of the tank so the plugs not so stretched and im moving the filter to the other side of the tank so there close to the plug. Im not changing the set up as the girls have onyl just settled. I took them out to be careful as i didnt want to burn any of them on the heater and i wanted to do a head count as i do now and again. I cant find her, ive looked and looked! Will have another look now but im scared incase shes not found Sad
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:42

I emptied the filter, shes not there. I searched every plant/cave and everything in the tank shes not there, i checked the whole floor of the tank shes not there ither, i checked everywhere around the tank and shes not there Sad A few days ago the fishw ere all looking ill and unwell, maybe she died and her body rotted causing the other fish to feel ill? Im so upset that shes gone?
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:43

Check the floor:( They can and will jump.

Also, even by removing them and moving the filter you are changing things. They shouldn't get burnt by the heater as you should turn the heater off and let it cool in the tank before touching it:)
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by liz2 Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:50

she might have died naturally and the others would have disposed off her. Dont beat yourself up accidents happen. I lost one of my girls and she had got in the tiniest space inside an ornament and couldnt get out Sad
liz2
liz2
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 22 Oct 2009 - 19:54

I reckon shes died and got eaten Sad But she was doing great, growing and i havent seen her much lately! Even if shes dead, i still want to find out where she is thats if she has her body anywhere Sad so sad!
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum