Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week

+5
Lairewen
lilacamy931
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
jasminek
pippoodle
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week Empty What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week

Post by pippoodle Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 20:35

After my disaster with Midas and Aladar this morning all i keep reading is of bettas - and some other fish - jumping out of their tanks today
Is it a national fish holiday or something - maybe something atmospheric - or something the military are doing lol

you know where submarines etc can make whales and dolphins swim off course - you never know

I just had another one bid for freedom - one of the girls jumped out as soon as i opened the lid to feed the fish - HAVE decided the rest are not getting any food today lol

WTF is wrong with them all - i'm too scared to open the lids of my tanks now

clown
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week Empty Re: What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week

Post by jasminek Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 20:40

Its very odd ive been reading about jumping bettas too! Actually Angel and rose both jumped out but this was about 4 days ago lol! But still happened, how odd.
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week Empty Re: What on earth is wrong with the bettas this week

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 20:54

Moby, the big dragon HMPK jump out yesterday.....big jump too, all of 2 inches!
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 20:58

blame the military lol
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:07

It could be to with a change of season or the full moon, the latest full moon was on 2009 Sep 4th Fri

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:09

i'm still blaming the military
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:11

what I'm saying in regards to the season change is that it would make sense (even if its not true) for the bettas to be on the move to find potential mates to breed with before the late fall and winter approaches which is when most bettas will not spawn, until spring time, Thats from experience as mine never spawn during these months. but as for the full moon i could be talking nonsense but who knows if thats fact either lol

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:14

i know what you were geting at i'm just completely weird today - no dont say not just today

I understand though what you are saying about going to find new spawning grounds etc
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:16

its ok, you can join my weirdo club :lol!:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:17

The moon does have a inpact on a lot of things, so there might be something in it Suspect
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:19

and it runs in line with the 4 days ago that jasmine stated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:20

no it dont that was 6 days ago. Jasmine please edit your post to say 6 days so I dont look a prat ROFL!!

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:29

modaz wrote:its ok, you can join my weirdo club :lol!:

YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE i'm in the weirdo club - i now know i'm finally accepted for who i am :D
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by lilacamy931 Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:38

That is really weird (paranoidely glances at Calcifers tank). No jumping boys, hear me!
lilacamy931
lilacamy931
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Vandraco aka Bronzecat Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:47

Oh, forgot that yesterday whilst we were doing water changes of the grow out tubs, one female jumped into a neighbours tub :shock:
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Vandraco aka Bronzecat
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 21:56

LMAO sorry. Van, that sounded so funny! You said jumped in the neighbors tub i just think that sounded FUNNY haha :D xx
This is odd betta behaviour, i feel there alls ending vibes to each other like jump out of the tank and your owners will suspect something LOL
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lairewen Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 22:01

There's definitely something in the water.. they're all going nuts! I hope no one looses any more fish!
Lairewen
Lairewen
Halfmoon
Halfmoon

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Thu 10 Sep 2009 - 22:05

Everyone, keep your tanks covered lol! If not the insurance will cover them! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by pippoodle Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 1:18

i'm too scared to open any of my tanks now lmao - fish had an extra fast day today - wont harm them and will help aid my nerves lol
pippoodle
pippoodle
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by Storm Fri 11 Sep 2009 - 10:00

I know its not a betta, but my clown loach jumped out the tank yesterday. Was dancing round the living room floor.

Storm
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Assaye Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 12:24

My shark jumped last night, so it's definitely not just bettas =(
Assaye
Assaye
Rosetail
Rosetail

Back to top Go down

Post by Lexi69 Sat 12 Sep 2009 - 14:15

There is definatley something in the air/water!! I left my lid of by accident and when I noticed went to put it back on and the copper boy had jumped over the divider and was battering the poor little HM boy so I now have shredded fins and a very stressed fish!! Not impressed!! Stupid jumping fish. I dont quite know how he has done it as the divider comes out of the water about 3 inches! Super jumping fish!! sunny
Lexi69
Lexi69
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by jasminek Sun 13 Sep 2009 - 8:59

Ok this isnt a betta but i woke up to find my apple snail on the floor! Snails cant even jump there a lid on the tank apart from at one edge theres a gap thankfully the snails alive but it was so odd how he got there!
jasminek
jasminek
Feathertail
Feathertail

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_emma_23 Sun 13 Sep 2009 - 15:26

ive had no jumpers yet, just Jack's building the 'Empire State Building' of bubble nests at the moment, think he's expecting company!!

luke_emma_23
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Post by luke_emma_23 Sun 13 Sep 2009 - 15:34

jasminekiddell wrote:Ok this isnt a betta but i woke up to find my apple snail on the floor! Snails cant even jump there a lid on the tank apart from at one edge theres a gap thankfully the snails alive but it was so odd how he got there!

lol, perhaps the Bettas chucked it out!!!

luke_emma_23
Veiltail
Veiltail

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next