Betta Paradise

If you like what you see, please feel free to register

to enjoy the many other sections in the members

areas

Including Betta Health, Showcase, General fishtank

&

Sales
Betta-Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Links

TheReefTank
proudly awards
this site as
Recommended Reading
Please vote for it
in the community!

Vote for us!

Snakes : Thailand

Go down

Snakes : Thailand Empty Snakes : Thailand

Post by bettawan Sat 30 Jul 2011 - 7:55

Hi,

Just thought you might like to see a couple of pics of snakes that i have had close encounters with.

1. This is locally known a singa. Locals reckon a bite off these is quite serious. They are always around here, after the water rats and mice, frogs etc. Unfortuantly, when you see these you have to kill them as we have small children around here playing.

Snakes : Thailand Snake3

Snakes : Thailand Snake2

2. This snake i am not sure what it is, I thought some type of cobra. But i was at the local shop top of the drive having a chat with a couple of swiss friends and i heard my dogs barking, came to the gate and could not see anything, but they just kept barking, unknown to me there was this thing on a window sill behind me, and i only knew when I heard it fall and I see it go behind a load of rubbish.

Called to a Thai family member and he came over, told me to be careful, CAREFUL...I didn't want to be there, anyway it had went into a clay water pipe, he grabbed it tossed it in the air and when it broke... all hell broke loose, the thing reared right up, we both backed off, it made a swoop for my friend, and he managed to whack it with his stick then whacked it again then just walked off.

Snakes : Thailand Snake

Snakes : Thailand Snake1

I have since found out that this snake is a copperhead ratsnake which are not poisionious at all.

Regards
jeff & wan
bettawan
bettawan
Veiltail
Veiltail

http://http:www.bettawan.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum